Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Night Manager BBC Sunday 9.00

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Anyone catch this? Quite a classy production. Hugh Laurie as an international arms dealer! Liked it although a bit of a trip into stereotype land.
Anyone else notice that on the 'shopping list' (nerve gas: tick; tanks: tick) there was no reference to either tea-bags or penguins? At that point I realised we were dealing with some dangerous, foreign types.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Tis alright. Some of the dialogue and the stereotypes are shocking, and Hiddleston is an unconvincing pretend meanie, but it's entertaining stuff for that Sunday 9 o'clock slot.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'm really liking it so far.

Hiddleston and Laurie are both mesmerising - and it's nice for Olivia Colman to have something to do other than cry. It looks stunning as well.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'm not a massive TV drama fan, but made the effort to get into this from the start and it's certainly been watchable so far.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I cant believe Spanish Dave left us to become a corrupt, high ranking, Whitehall Civil Servant.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I cant believe Spanish Dave left us to become a corrupt, high ranking, Whitehall Civil Servant.

He does a bit doesn't he?

SD.jpg

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apparently Pt. 6 is available somewhere online. No idea how to download it.
Cheers.

Please can people not discuss 6 until it's been aired.

I like the general program and actors, but Pine just doesn't make sense. He's smart and he's put so much time and effort in to infiltrating Roper's group, getting himself beaten to near death, and having his life permanently at risk, yet he can't keep his willy in his pants for a few weeks and he can't stop staring at Jed, which is just too stupid for words.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Agree Trig. And she's not even that attractive. It's entertaining stuff for sure but completely unbelievable.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Cheers.

Please can people not discuss 6 until it's been aired.

I like the general program and actors, but Pine just doesn't make sense. He's smart and he's put so much time and effort in to infiltrating Roper's group, getting himself beaten to near death, and having his life permanently at risk, yet he can't keep his willy in his pants for a few weeks and he can't stop staring at Jed, which is just too stupid for words.

Tend to agree re his staring at Jed, though I do think it's been a brilliant watch, and is easily the most tension-filled drama I've seen in a while.

Also slightly irritated by her choice of clothing (wearing a slinky little dress to pop over to Roper's war zone in the desert last night).

Thought Tom Hollander as Corky was superb. What a character he's been.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I liked Corky from the start, couldn't take the chirpy cockney copper wot shot Eddie Santini seriously sporting an American accent. Gawd bless Olivia.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I liked Corky from the start, couldn't take the chirpy cockney copper wot shot Eddie Santini seriously sporting an American accent. Gawd bless Olivia.

Evil henchmen tend to take a certain form in any production. Typically huge, monotone, thick and fatally flawed (see various Bond sidekicks).

Corky was pleasingly different from the stereotype: intelligent, sharp, witty and lecherous, not to mention a liability when (as frequently seen) drunk. Loved him.

A lot more than I loved David Harewood's American accent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Also slightly irritated by her choice of clothing (wearing a slinky little dress to pop over to Roper's war zone in the desert last night).
Wife said the same thing. I don't think she got much say in her wardrobe for the 'holiday'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here