Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dave Day's Bar at the Marina

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
It was no doubt filled with lion memorabilia. What an oddball.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Was my best friend in my early teens, when he lived in Conway court on Sackville road. My biggest memory from those times was meeting Miss Autumn from the Daily Sketch who he was er seeing lets say. Not a bad effort for somebody who was 16 (possibly younger) at the time. Lost contact when I joined RN. Was amazed to find out he was in a group at No.1 in the charts when I was back in UK.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Was my best friend in my early teens, when he lived in Conway court on Sackville road. My biggest memory from those times was meeting Miss Autumn from the Daily Sketch who he was er seeing lets say. Not a bad effort for somebody who was 16 (possibly younger) at the time. Lost contact when I joined RN. Was amazed to find out he was in a group at No.1 in the charts when I was back in UK.

Dave Day or David Van Day?

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
the man loves a lion, he told me once that he keeps getting recurring dreams about himself as a lion and he also reckons that he was a lion in his past life. ..of course i believed him.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Dave Day the Landlord or Dave Day the Taxi Driver?

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
We did the promotional literature for the Ebony Rooms when it opened.

He had something in there called the 'Two Ton Table'. It was semi-circular and seated 10 people. You booked it on the proviso you spent more than £200 while there. Doesn't sound that much now - we are talking about 15 years ago - but it was the first place (from memory) that charged three quid for a pint.

Dave's office was next door to ours at the Marina, and the walls were plasterboard thin. You could smell his pipe smoke, and hear the occasional rant through the walls.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
The place was a money drain and a pure vanity project on his behalf. His vision of it was that it would become almost like a private members club. I worked in the kitchen very briefly and besides the occasional Weekend the place was absolutely dead.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The place was a money drain and a pure vanity project on his behalf. His vision of it was that it would become almost like a private members club. I worked in the kitchen very briefly and besides the occasional Weekend the place was absolutely dead.

I'm not surprised if the prices were anything like what he charges for a pint in the Long Man. Used it as a pre-match watering hole a few times when were were at Withdean, but not for long.

Ridiculous.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here