Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Standing up at football

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Game after game I see on TV large sections of the ground stand up, away fans stand up at the Amex. Why can't we do this ?

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect that (at the Amex) there are too many people who want to sit down and would complain it the people in front didn't.

Personally I'd like to see safe standing introduced at all grounds for home and away fans.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Where you see suporters standing the home club is in breach of their safety licence and clearly should have that section of the ground closed.

Not forget the ultra comfy seats at the Amex why would you want to stand

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7295973 said:
Paul Barber has personally enforced all stewards to keep punters seated, with retribution promised to those that do not implement his wishes.

Thats a fact is it?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I need a sit down after climbing the WSU steps. :)

Think yourself lucky. I have to climb those stairs and then have to climb to the back of that stand. Then the blokes behind me stand to sing or when it gets exciting and so does my son next to me and before I know it I'm up again. No wonder the uber fans chose the front of that stand at their presentation.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Think yourself lucky. I have to climb those stairs and then have to climb to the back of that stand. Then the blokes behind me stand to sing or when it gets exciting and so does my son next to me and before I know it I'm up again. No wonder the uber fans chose the front of that stand at their presentation.

I'm near the front, so I am lucky but my knees are not in good condition.

Uber fan, me ? :D

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Because it really pisses me off - I don't go to away games because I would have to stand. If that's what you need to do at a match, go to all the away games. Otherwise just use the large section of the ground known as the North Stand. Leave the rest of us alone thanks.

Edit: that was more blunt than I intended - sorry.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
I was in row v for the last 4 seasons. I think I counted something like 170+ steps from the north stand entrance to my seat.

Now I'm in the SWC and I don't miss those steps one little bit. Although occasionally I do miss the view. I don't miss the queues up there for the centre kiosk either. By the time you've got down the stand at HT the queues were massive and you wouldn't be served before the second half kicks off.

Getting out after was a pain too. I don't know why but in my block the rows used to filter out from the front to back. Which was highly frustrating when you're on the staircase just standing there waiting for 500 people to leave before you.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I have stopped going to away games because I cannot stand and the inconsiderate b.......s who can, do so in front of the seat I have purchased to sit in and watch the game. If they permit standing ok let them stand there but until then consider others and stay in your seats.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I have stopped going to away games because I cannot stand and the inconsiderate b.......s who can, do so in front of the seat I have purchased to sit in and watch the game. If they permit standing ok let them stand there but until then consider others and stay in your seats.
Maybe we need OAP sections next to the family stands which are strictly stay in your seats then

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
I'll stand where I want! I'll stand where I waaant!!

How thoughtful of you to give so much consideration to those in seats behind you who are not able to stand for an entire match. My wife and I have been supporting the Albion for thirty years having season tickets at the Goldstone, Gillingham, Withdean and now.

Until recently we went to most away matches. We now go to few unless we can be assured of a seat near the front because those who could see perfectly well if sitting, for some reason think it more important that they stand than that we can watch the match. I would prefer all away seating to be unreserved so that those who wish to stand take the rear seats, and those who wish to sit can be at the front.

I am all for safe standing, but until it is introduced, please consider those unable to stand for 90 minutes, or indeed those only 5ft tall who cannot see over a 6ft man when standing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here