Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Boris Johnson to campaign to leave the EU

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
This is very good news as he's a big figure indeed although personally I'd like to think most people can put two and two together and decide for themselves without the drama of campaigns.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The 'In' camp always state that if we left the EU most of the global headquarters in London would relocate with the loss of jobs. If the Mayor of London (and also potential future Tory mayor, Zack Goldsmith) are confident enough to defy DC and they back us leaving, is there any concern that this would materialise? Surely the mayor of our capital should be fighting tooth and nail for us to remain in, and protect those HQ and jobs they create?

Yours

Confused of Bevendean

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
The 'In' camp always state that if we left the EU most of the global headquarters in London would relocate with the loss of jobs. If the Mayor of London (and also potential future Tory mayor, Zack Goldsmith) are confident enough to defy DC and they back us leaving, is there any concern that this would materialise? Surely the mayor of our capital should be fighting tooth and nail for us to remain in, and protect those HQ and jobs they create?

Yours

Confused of Bevendean

Totally agree. I've read a lot about the potential damage to the City and this seems like a particularly reckless move from someone putting his own ambition over London. No idea how ZG thinks this is a vote winner.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Yours

Confused of Bevendean
It's all scaremongering and won't happen....You'll get a lot of this rubbish to manipulate people.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Totally agree. I've read a lot about the potential damage to the City and this seems like a particularly reckless move from someone putting his own ambition over London. No idea how ZG thinks this is a vote winner.

Just maybe the two believe those that state that leaving the EU would affect the City realise that it is not the case. I would imagine these two are in a better position than most to judge.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Boris Johnson said " after careful consideration I have concluded its in the best interests of Boris Johnson to support the leave the EU campaign." Once again gross opportunism by the very complacent Mayor of London. Plus ca change

abc

Jan 6, 2007
So the biggest vote in your lifetime is based around not liking someone?

This is a referendum not the bloody xfactor???

Meant as a mildly humerous response to BJ's position but at the same time BJ has no interest in anything but promoting his political ambitions and if he has decided these are best served by leaving the EU then its probably a decent reason as any to stay in. But arent all elections a bit X factor like? We usually vote for those who we trust most (or distruct the least) to do the best for the country/family/our own self interest etc. In this particular instance I trust Cameron, Corbyn and Sturgeon far more than Johnson

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

clearly you need to change your reading material
if you always believe politicians always make decisions for their own ambition you will always be stuck in a negative rut

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Sky news said he is the most popular politician in the country so apparently lots of people will care.

and that is the really scary thing...just imagine a future with Johnson as PM and Trump as President - the lunatics will finally have taken over the asylums.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Boris waited until he could assess what "deals" Dave brought back. It did not take him long to look at them because there was barely anything to consider.
He decided like many that the "deals" were paltry, and so he is an Outer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here