Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

4-5-1 v brizzle??

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
It worked against Hull. Not so much against Cardiff. I'd stick with 4-4-2 though.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Yes, because he's frightened of playing anything else away from home in case we get beaten. Er..............................................................oh yeah.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not that worried if it appears to be working on the day. Idiotic to stick with it until its too late to salvage the game though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It worked against Hull. Not so much against Cardiff. I'd stick with 4-4-2 though.

I can understand him paying it at Hull, it was all about grinding out a draw, so playing the extra man in midfield and keeping it tight made perfect sense.

Both the Cardiff and Bristol City games though, are ones that we needed/need to win, so let's go back to the tried and tested 4-4-2 that we are good at, and try to actually WIN.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I can understand him paying it at Hull, it was all about grinding out a draw, so playing the extra man in midfield and keeping it tight made perfect sense.

Both the Cardiff and Bristol City games though, are ones that we needed/need to win, so let's go back to the tried and tested 4-4-2 that we are good at, and try to actually WIN.
Especially when Cardiff had many key players missing and no recognised striker...We literally played to cardiffs strengths.
Baffling

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I wouldn't be at all surprised to see us set up similarly to Saturday IMO. Rosenior for calde perhaps and possibly kayal back in, if fit enough. Personally think skalak was a bright note on a poor day in Wales and I'd stick with him but wouldn't be surprised to see Murphy recalled.
Can't see anymore changes right now, unless Wilson and Lua Lua are fit then they will make the bench I guess.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Works well with Kayal. Cardiff defeat wasn't about formation, it was about who was playing in that formation, and who was missing.

On an aside, I am suprised by how much Crofts is a shell of his former self. He's had a lot of minutes oif late and he is nothing like the player that we had before, and that Norwich had. Shame.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009

Has to be this. we need to win and to be bold. No good going into a game hoping for a draw.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Could work if Skalak is the link between the 1 forward & the 5, not with the central 3 we started yesterday, where Sidwell,Crofts nor Stephens appeared to have licence to support BZ

Gary1

Oct 25, 2013
Works well with Kayal. Cardiff defeat wasn't about formation, it was about who was playing in that formation, and who was missing.

On an aside, I am suprised by how much Crofts is a shell of his former self. He's had a lot of minutes oif late and he is nothing like the player that we had before, and that Norwich had. Shame.

I imagine two massive injuries have caught up with him

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
It worked against Hull because we didn't attempt to show much endeavour going forward and were happy to simply hold Hull to a draw. It didn't work at Cardiff because we (correctly) attacked, trying to win the game whilst having to adapt with the copious personnel changes.

We looked good in the second half and threatened the Cardiff goal on multiple occasions playing 4-4-2.

Alternately, if CH wants to play Knocky, Murphy AND Skalak in the same team, he could play the 4-4-1-1 with Skalak or Murphy in the middle (I would favour Skalak in the second striker position as Murphy has earned the right to keep his LW position in recent games).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here