Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Chilli growing advice part III 2016

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
attachment.php

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...to-and-Chilli-Growing-Thread&highlight=chilli

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?329394-Chilli-advice&highlight=chilli

Following on from the above threads.
I am considering growing chilli's (from seed), this year in my newly built polytunnel, on our allotment.
I am after any advice from the NSC chilli gurus if this can be achieved, or is this not a good idea.
The polytunnel is going to be used for just tomatoes and hopefully chilli's, so space will not be a problem.
Cheers :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Polytunnel 6.jpg
    Polytunnel 6.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 198
Last edited:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
If you're going to grow them from seed, you'll need some pretty serious bottom heat to get them up. I have an 8 x 2 heated bench for them set at 40 degrees C and they love it, Failing that, a couple of reptile heat mats are ideal. When in the poly house, they will need protection from the cold.....they won't tolerate temps lower then 10 c for very long and they hate sitting around in cold, wet compost. You also want to think about getting them in soon....mine were sown 1st feb and are all up and growing.

If you want any spare chilli seedlings, let me know....I've sown 22 varieties this year!!!!!!!!

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you're going to grow them from seed, you'll need some pretty serious bottom heat to get them up. I have an 8 x 2 heated bench for them set at 40 degrees C and they love it, Failing that, a couple of reptile heat mats are ideal. When in the poly house, they will need protection from the cold.....they won't tolerate temps lower then 10 c for very long and they hate sitting around in cold, wet compost. You also want to think about getting them in soon....mine were sown 1st feb and are all up and growing.
If you want any spare chilli seedlings, let me know....I've sown 22 varieties this year!!!!!!!!

Thank you I think I'll start off small and see how I get on.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Under plant with tagetes and African marigolds. Will look nice and deter pests.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here