Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Hard Run In Awaits Us

Spinal Wheels

Apr 9, 2012
Newick
As much as I'm trying to put yesterday's debarkle at Cardiff out of my mind & putting it down to being just one of those days for the Albion. When I look at the remaining 14 games to come before seasons end, I can't help but think it looks somewhat tougher than our fellow promotion rivals have to face. Although it's always said no game is easy in The Championship we seem to be playing many teams that have recently started to hit some consistent good form, which starts with our trip to Bristol City on Tuesday. If I'm to be realistic then I feel now that the best we can hope for is the Play Offs. We will certainly have to be outstanding in our performances to achieve greater success.:albion2:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Do the difficult things while they are easy and do the great things while they are small. A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step - Lao Tzu

One game at a time and all that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seems to me that we have been playing teams that are "on a run of form" most of the season :shrug:

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
16 points out of the last 39 shows how we have dropped off our tremendous early season pace. The four straight wins have covered up the cracks that the loss of key players exposed. Dunk cannot be trusted to lead the line and Calde, for all his effort, now struggles at this level. Bruno, for all his flamboyance, makes key errors. Our back four, without the experience of Greer and Hunny and the exuberance and pace of Bong and Rosenior is one of the more moderate and least consistent in this division.
I can see us struggling at Bristol and Preston and all the pressure will be on winning our home games. Our problems are defensive and unless sorted, we will have to target a play-off place.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
16 points out of the last 39 shows how we have dropped off our tremendous early season pace. The four straight wins have covered up the cracks that the loss of key players exposed. Dunk cannot be trusted to lead the line and Calde, for all his effort, now struggles at this level. Bruno, for all his flamboyance, makes key errors. Our back four, without the experience of Greer and Hunny and the exuberance and pace of Bong and Rosenior is one of the more moderate and least consistent in this division.
I can see us struggling at Bristol and Preston and all the pressure will be on winning our home games. Our problems are defensive and unless sorted, we will have to target a play-off place.

Incorrect, I think our problems are mainly OFFensive, the lack of a proven striker who can bag us twenty plus goals a season, being the major reason we aren't occupying an automatic promotion place.

To my mind, our defence, whilst not brilliant, is no better or worse than most others in this division

It does so frustrate me, that just a few days ago after our great rearguard action at Hull, everyone was cockahoop saying what a wonderful defence we have. Now all of a sudden after one defeat, the very same people are saying that we have the worst!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here