Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T - Why are Amps so expensive?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Just looking to buy an amp and some speakers for the TV in one of my lounges and the same Technics SUV-300 I bought about 20 years ago is going for £150 to £200 on Fleabay.

Looked at other similar units from Sony, Marantz etc. and they are equally pricey.

I thought old school hi-fi separates would be going for a song.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Still have a Technics SV-65A bought in 1988, quality kit and people know it

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Maybe because the amps of today compared to 20+ years ago, like the music, are a bit ****

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
Thanks for the replies, yes, I guess it must be that the stuff of 20 years ago is as good if not better than now.

Will keep an eye out for a bargain as I'm in no rush.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Thanks for the replies, yes, I guess it must be that the stuff of 20 years ago is as good if not better than now.

Will keep an eye out for a bargain as I'm in no rush.

I have got a Av receiver which I have had for quite a while now. The make is pioneer and its a bit of a beast (as in size) I got mine from hills radio down in portslade (near Brighton) but if I was you I would buy it from richer sounds. If you don't mind me asking, what is your price range?

Papak

Not an NSC licker...
Jul 11, 2003
Horsham
I don't really have a budget (that doesn't mean it is unlimited), I was expecting to pick up some decent separates for next to nothing as I assumed nobody wanted them anymore.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Just looking to buy an amp and some speakers for the TV in one of my lounges and the same Technics SUV-300 I bought about 20 years ago is going for £150 to £200 on Fleabay.

Looked at other similar units from Sony, Marantz etc. and they are equally pricey.

I thought old school hi-fi separates would be going for a song.

I used to have a range of Technics seperates, but have to downsize due to size of house.
I did get a lot of my kit from the many shops in Tottenham Court Rd, up here in London.
But have always had good advice from Adams & Jarrett in Hastings with no bother.
http://www.adamsandjarrett.com/

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here