Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Stockdale

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Good on him - he just tweeted

Fans who travelled today you all didn't deserve that performance. Let you down today..We need to put it right tues.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Fair play to him. My player of the season so far, with some pretty stiff competition but we weren't on it today and he was one of the guilty ones. However, you're never going to have 46 perfect games in this division and it's good to see a footballer who recognises when its gone wrong and says so instead of making excuses or just picking up the paycheck.

My regard for Stockdale continues to rise.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Fair play to him. My player of the season so far, with some pretty stiff competition but we weren't on it today and he was one of the guilty ones. However, you're never going to have 46 perfect games in this division and it's good to see a footballer who recognises when its gone wrong and says so instead of making excuses or just picking up the paycheck.

Me too, but can't help thinking it looks like he's put on a bit of timber in the last few weeks ?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It's all very well to tweet about putting it right on Tuesday.

The tweet is no more than empty words unless we actually get the win vs Bristol.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's all very well to tweet about putting it right on Tuesday.

The tweet is no more than empty words unless we actually get the win vs Bristol.

It's part of getting their heads right IMO. Much better that than think there's nothing wrong or make excuses. You can tell a lot about some people from social media and Stockdale wears his heart on his sleeve.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Connor Goldson

Bad result. Bad performance. Bad day. Chance to put it right on Tuesday. Thank you for the support both during and after the game

(not sure why the tweet didn't embed)

Last edited:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I always rated him and was delighted when he joined but I was somewhat doubtful after some of his performances last season. He has shown great mental strength to turn it around though and has obviously been working hard to get back to his best; he has been great this season. Today was unfortunate but you just know that he is as upset about today's performance as we all are, and he will be itching to put this right on Tuesday.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He's allowed the odd dodgy game for sure

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Maybe as a gesture of goodwill, having now admitted liability about how poor this performance was, the players should club together and refund the ticket value we paid today

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Maybe as a gesture of goodwill, having now admitted liability about how poor this performance was, the players should club together and refund the ticket value we paid today

Or maybe we should take a look at the table from this time last season and be thankful that such performances are few and far between...

Screenshot (11).png

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
To be fair, he has been brilliant this season, a world away from last. An early chance to get a win is always a bonus in situations such as these.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull

That is absolutely ridiculous. Shit happens get over it. I actually thought we were a bit unlucky first half as we seemed in control early doors but every bounce went against us. Some days it just doesn't work out and today was one of those days and I'm sure even the players didn't want that outcome

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here