Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
hughton-1-l229-2964109_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
15:59 20th February 2016
by Paul Camillin
The Albion manager wants a much-improved performance on Tuesday.
We know it's there, but today was a poor day and we'll look forward to Tuesday night coming around. "
Chris Hughton
Brighton & Hove Albion boss Chris Hughton says he expects a reaction from his players going into Tuesday's visit to Bristol City, after a 4-1 defeat at Cardiff City in the lunchtime Championship fixture.The Albion boss admitted his side were not at their best during a difficult first half in South Wales and unrecognisable from the team which drew at Hull City in midweek.
He said, "We need a reaction. The last performance we had that was similar to today was at Rotherham. We got a good reaction after that, as we went away to Blackburn and got a result and we'll need to do the same again.
"Anybody who saw us today, that isn't how we've been this season. We're a good team and we’ve been a good team for the majority of the season. We know it's there, but today was a poor day and we'll look forward to Tuesday night coming around.
"However, we know that there are no easy games, and we will need to back to our best if we are going to get something against Bristol City on Tuesday."

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Hughton felt the hosts deserved their win and had no complaints about the award of the penalty, which led to Cardiff's fourth goal and effectively killed off the contest - but he did feel Albion had chances to get back into the game at 3-1."We were creating chances and we started the second half well, but I expected that. We had to do that because we conceded such poor goals in the first half and had to try to make amends in that second half.
"Anthony Knockaert had an opportunity, but shot over and perhaps Tomer [Hemed] should have laid Bobby [Zamora] in and we're back in the game, although we didn't deserve it.
"At that stage I felt if we had got a second one, we might just have got it back, but it wasn't to be. It made it a very hard afternoon for us.
"I had no complaints about their penalty and I thought their two upfront and the wide players coming in had a big part to play in the game; they were very lively and gave us a tough afternoon defensively."
[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]FRIDAY 11TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here