Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Support

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Just back from the game....

Fantastic support today, credit to everyone that continued to support and back the lads both before, during and after the game.

Terrible game, terrible weather but proud to be a Brighton supporter today. That's what you call proper fans.

PS - Cardiff supporters on the other hand were an embarrassment in comparison.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed on all accounts bar the normal total wankers that seem to attend a lot of our away games.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Agreed on all accounts bar the normal total wankers that seem to attend a lot of our away games.

And the 4 that gave up and tried to sneak off with 25 mins to go :tosser:

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
A lot of humour in the away end today! Very strange atmosphere as the very sparse home crowd (no way 14k) made no noise even when leading by 3 goals! Most stayed to end except the 4 who left on 75 mins!!!!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When clubs like Cardiff are getting 13,000 home fans through the gate (and I'm pretty confident it was, in reality, more like 10,000), then football needs to look at itself. Their support has plummeted in recent seasons, and it's not even due to the red shirts/ Vincent Tan factor now. That game wasn't even one of the pricier ones and yet they still struggle to attract fans along.

Football is going to eat itself soon.

Proud of the relentless singing from our end as that game drew to a close though. And I honestly think the players appreciated it too. Good drills.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Just got back, great noise from our end today. Didn't notice the early risers, enjoyed my sheep burger sandwich. Blimey that was a swirly wind.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Well done to our fantastic away supporters. Home fans dismal by comparison. Our level of support deserved a better result. You all made Sussex proud today.......
How many made the trip? We always lose when we are on the telebox.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
When clubs like Cardiff are getting 13,000 home fans through the gate (and I'm pretty confident it was, in reality, more like 10,000), then football needs to look at itself. Their support has plummeted in recent seasons, and it's not even due to the red shirts/ Vincent Tan factor now. That game wasn't even one of the pricier ones and yet they still struggle to attract fans along.

Proud of the relentless singing from our end as that game drew to a close though. And I honestly think the players appreciated it too. Good drills.

Good analysis. And I blame sky. I think there is a danger now that fans through the door is so unimportant compared to tv money that when they wake up to the problem it will be too late. Quite simply a lot of people would rather watch football on the telly than live in the wet and cold.

Side note, how can a modern stadium be that wet and that cold?!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

It doesn't matter if no one watches as long as you have parachute payments. And this will be even more so next season. Cardiff's goals were sponsored by the PL. A PL club will be able to survive with zero attendances under the new TV deal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here