Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Gove and Boris Johnson.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I like Gove he stands up to vested interests ....

Michael Gove proven right as schoolkids in deprived areas finally have education to match Eton

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/michael-gove-proven-right-schoolkids-6301722

(sorry for the biased source)

... and Andrew Neil on the Daily politics plus he is currently attempting to reform Prisons in an enlightened direction which is courageous considering the hang em flog em Tory mindset.

He is putting country before party and career which some might consider principled and worthy of praise.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gove is a goon, Johnson is a buffoon.

However, Boris can still back Cameron and be a winner in all this.

Johnson is very far from being a buffoon. From his editorial skills to his running of London, he has shown he is no idiot at all.

If Cameron loses the vote in June...he will stand down and there will be a leadership contest between Johnson and our esteemed chancellor!!! Johnson will win and ge the next prime minister.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Sorry, but even the Tory Faithful can't see Boris as anything other than a London-centric buffoon shirley? Or are they even more stupid than they give every appearance of being? ???

The general consensus among political commentators is that he is anything but that. It's just his public face.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The general consensus among political commentators is that he is anything but that. It's just his public face.

He's obviously not stupid. But he's no political intellectual heavyweight either. His style is to surround himself with good policy makers. Nothing wrong with this either, but I want my leaders to be the brains, not the cheer leaders.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
As reported last night seems like Boris is going to back leaving

1. Boris declares for Brexit
2. Boris becomes leader of OUT campaign
3. Brexit wins
4. PM resigns
5. Boris becomes PM

The Grassroots of the Tory party are eurosceptic. Hence Liam Fox now being in the leader in the latest leaders poll. The next PM will have backed Brexit and Boris know this.

8cc8561fac0e2f69e01d63f7648f6787.jpg

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Michael Gove proven right as schoolkids in deprived areas finally have education to match Eton

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/michael-gove-proven-right-schoolkids-6301722

(sorry for the biased source)

... and Andrew Neil on the Daily politics plus he is currently attempting to reform Prisons in an enlightened direction which is courageous considering the hang em flog em Tory mindset.

He is putting country before party and career which some might consider principled and worthy of praise.

Can you point us in the direction of the list of schools in deprived areas that are outperforming the private schools. The report just refers to 500 state schools outperforming private schools but doesn't give any examples, especially of those in deprived areas.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The 'in' vote will win. So Boris has to back 'in'. Then his hands will be tied when he runs for leader. The tory membership are probably in favour of 'out'. This is why Boris is quiet at the moment. But he will have to declare. My bet is he presents a fudge and mudge, in the hope he can declare after the vote. Then the tory members will gave to decide between his charisma and his lack of courage. I'm not a tory but if I were I would back Boris, regardless, because he is a winner, and winning the general election is all. But if I were a tory I would not be 'out at any price'. I wonder how many of them are . . .
It's a bit pathetic really why you have certain individuals waiting to jump onto a bandwagon that suits them and their career.Fact is you're either for the in or out camp and would have been for ages.

Typical politicians

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

That is complete and utter rubbish. I work in a school in a deprived area of Eastbourne. I have also visited private schools, not Eton which I assume has amazing facilities. All the private schools I've visited are blessed with incredible teacher to child ratios and have science labs, technology facilities, swimming pools etc which state schools can only dream about. I'd love to see evidence for that statement, but it won't appear, because it doesn't exist. Michael Gove was a terrible secretary for education, divisive and arrogant.

I love what he says here about the UK eu referendum though:

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/02/michael-gove-why-im-backing-leave/

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've MORE chance of being NEXT Tory PM than Osborne or May has

Enrest for PM it is then!! but seriously - Gove and Johnson?? Which end of the pantomime horse is Gove? the arse end I'd imagine with Boris up front leading the way. It is a damning indictment of our political system and the mind numbing stupidity of the average Tory voter that either of these two clowns get anywhere near the top of our political system.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's a bit pathetic really why you have certain individuals waiting to jump onto a bandwagon that suits them and their career.Fact is you're either for the in or out camp and would have been for ages.

Typical politicians

I don't entirely agree with you here. For you, perhaps, 'in or out' is a very fundamental issue. For others, it isn't. I used to think I was strongly in favour of in, but I would struggle about this issue these days. I am not saying Boris is struggling (all his family are strongly in favour of 'in' so I seem to recall) though. He is just being a politician, trying to work out what is best. By best, here, I mean what is achievable. If he sees Europe in or out as a nuanced issue, as I do, then he is entitled to make up his mind in terms of balance, and what would benefit the country most, and yes, benefit himself most.

I can't believe I am on here defending Boris, but having slept on the issue I have better realised how difficult this will be for him.

Something else - 6 cabinet members have come out as 'outers'. Others (not sure how many) are 'inners'. I am beginning to think that Cameron is a very smart man indeed. He will presumably be presenting the whole vote thing as 'non party political' (except for UKIP but they are now almost certainly irrelevant), and by making a virtue of 'we will pursue the wishes of the people', it almost doesn't matter what the outcome of the vote will be. Except - of course - the outcome will be 'stay'. So in many respects Cameron has taken the sting out of the whole thing, and will emerge unscathed after the vote.

Thinking about that, it surprises me that Boris hasn't realised this and jumped on the 'stay' bandwagon, one with which I suspect he has the greatest sympathy. Perhaps if he dithers too much longer it really will harm him.

Anyway, my political instincts are notoriously poor so I have probably got all this wrong :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here