Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micheal Gove and Boris Johnson.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Johnson always touted as a possible future Tory leader even P/M ? However and its early days but outflanked and it appears caught cold by Gove,s statement on EU membership issued today surely the Member for Parliament for Uxbridge and South Ruislip has little more than 48 hours in which to declare his hand ? Would anything less be seen as nothing else but dithering ? :dunce:

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
IMO he will side with the side he thinks will win, which is why he is taking his time to come to a public decision.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gove is a goon, Johnson is a buffoon.

However, Boris can still back Cameron and be a winner in all this.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I would have thought politically Boris's best bet is to try and be the popular face of the IN campaign. Ken Clarke apart, the Tories have very few charismatic Europhiles and the campaign needs Boris badly. Otherwise, some of the IN leading lights could come from the other parties. If Boris goes OUT it will be carnage.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The 'in' vote will win. So Boris has to back 'in'. Then his hands will be tied when he runs for leader. The tory membership are probably in favour of 'out'. This is why Boris is quiet at the moment. But he will have to declare. My bet is he presents a fudge and mudge, in the hope he can declare after the vote. Then the tory members will gave to decide between his charisma and his lack of courage. I'm not a tory but if I were I would back Boris, regardless, because he is a winner, and winning the general election is all. But if I were a tory I would not be 'out at any price'. I wonder how many of them are . . .

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's no way he'll be able to conceal his hand until after the vote.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If Boris back Remain and they win, then Osbourne or May will be the next PM.

If he backs Leave, and they win, then he could well be the next PM.

TB
Well any Tory leader will be the next PM given they will be up against Corbyn.

Boris' only chance of being Tory leader is to back Cameron.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If Boris back Remain and they win, then Osbourne or May will be the next PM.

If he backs Leave, and they win, then he could well be the next PM.

TB

Agree with you. Osborne is Cameron's chosen successor and will have the party establishment backing him , May will be the main challenger. Boris has little support amongst Tory MP's so needs the membership to back him. The Tory membership is Euro sceptic and would reward any big beast if they helped lead a successful Brexit campaign. (Big If)

According to the Beeb Cameron is supposedly trying to beef up our Supreme court so it has more power resisting the European courts as a last ditch attempt to keep Boris onside which is why he is delaying his decision ... watch this space.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Gove :"I believe our country would be freer, fairer and better off outside the EU " .....well well, freer to exploit employees and make lots of money.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Gove :"I believe our country would be freer, fairer and better off outside the EU " .....well well, freer to exploit employees and make lots of money.
Gove is one of the biggest goons in government.

Ask the teachers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here