Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cardiff v Albion from the Cardiff City Stadium [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Sign in or Register to leave a comment and/or receive comment alerts.
VegasSeagull 12:12pm Sat 20 Feb 16Rosy on the bench, and with this line up I can see a tactical change coming around the hour mark, depending on the score line. If 0-0 Rosy on for Calde, Crofts gets pulled and a striker comes on, 4-4-2 to try and snatch the win.

Rosy on the bench, and with this line up I can see a tactical change coming around the hour mark, depending on the score line. If 0-0 Rosy on for Calde, Crofts gets pulled and a striker comes on, 4-4-2 to try and snatch the win. VegasSeagull Rosy on the bench, and with this line up I can see a tactical change coming around the hour mark, depending on the score line. If 0-0 Rosy on for Calde, Crofts gets pulled and a striker comes on, 4-4-2 to try and snatch the win.

VegasSeagull 12:28pm Sat 20 Feb 16The line up against Hull screamed out what the intentions were, grab a good point away from home off of a top opponent. Today's line up has me a little puzzled, unless it's all about giving Calde some cover.

The line up against Hull screamed out what the intentions were, grab a good point away from home off of a top opponent. Today's line up has me a little puzzled, unless it's all about giving Calde some cover. VegasSeagull The line up against Hull screamed out what the intentions were, grab a good point away from home off of a top opponent. Today's line up has me a little puzzled, unless it's all about giving Calde some cover.

rockie 12:50pm Sat 20 Feb 16First blood to Cardiff 1-0 - Seagulls paying the price for only one striker, please 4-4-2 asap or it's goodbye top 2. And now it's 2-0!

First blood to Cardiff 1-0 - Seagulls paying the price for only one striker, please 4-4-2 asap or it's goodbye top 2. And now it's 2-0! rockie First blood to Cardiff 1-0 - Seagulls paying the price for only one striker, please 4-4-2 asap or it's goodbye top 2. And now it's 2-0!

Uckfield Seagull 12:50pm Sat 20 Feb 16First time I am annoyed with Chris. We are a better team, we have better players, yet we have gone for a point, why are we not playing 2 up front and showing how much better we are, very poor not to try for 3 points

First time I am annoyed with Chris. We are a better team, we have better players, yet we have gone for a point, why are we not playing 2 up front and showing how much better we are, very poor not to try for 3 points Uckfield Seagull First time I am annoyed with Chris. We are a better team, we have better players, yet we have gone for a point, why are we not playing 2 up front and showing how much better we are, very poor not to try for 3 points

Far gull 12:51pm Sat 20 Feb 16Well fiddling with the line up has worked .....not 2 0 down

Well fiddling with the line up has worked .....not 2 0 down Far gull Well fiddling with the line up has worked .....not 2 0 down

true fan 12:52pm Sat 20 Feb 16Ahhhh - there he is - was worried the **** Stockdale had gone missing, but he's back with a vengeance today!

Ahhhh - there he is - was worried the **** Stockdale had gone missing, but he's back with a vengeance today! true fan Ahhhh - there he is - was worried the **** Stockdale had gone missing, but he's back with a vengeance today!

WiseOldSeagull 12:54pm Sat 20 Feb 16We have started very very slowly. The midfield is quite disfunctional. No sense of urgency like we have had in previous games. Quite puzzling.

We have started very very slowly. The midfield is quite disfunctional. No sense of urgency like we have had in previous games. Quite puzzling. WiseOldSeagull We have started very very slowly. The midfield is quite disfunctional. No sense of urgency like we have had in previous games. Quite puzzling.

Major Bloodboil 12:56pm Sat 20 Feb 16I can't believe the side that has been chosen. Crofts is pedestrian and Skalak is not a patch on Murphy at present. Although Stockdale has been good this year either he or Dunk are prone to making costly errors, and this is another one to add to list. Come on CH shake it up.

I can't believe the side that has been chosen. Crofts is pedestrian and Skalak is not a patch on Murphy at present. Although Stockdale has been good this year either he or Dunk are prone to making costly errors, and this is another one to add to list. Come on CH shake it up. Major Bloodboil I can't believe the side that has been chosen. Crofts is pedestrian and Skalak is not a patch on Murphy at present. Although Stockdale has been good this year either he or Dunk are prone to making costly errors, and this is another one to add to list. Come on CH shake it up.

tug509 12:57pm Sat 20 Feb 16Hughton FFS , you bottled it against a poor team , DISGRACE ! , always behind CH but this is p155 poor managing .

Hughton FFS , you bottled it against a poor team , DISGRACE ! , always behind CH but this is p155 poor managing . tug509 Hughton FFS , you bottled it against a poor team , DISGRACE ! , always behind CH but this is p155 poor managing .

Mossie707 12:59pm Sat 20 Feb 16Need a goal before half time ?

Need a goal before half time ? Mossie707 Need a goal before half time ?

Your looking good dutch 1:03pm Sat 20 Feb 164 of the bench I would have played. Why no Hemed and Murphy. Also kayal and rose. Calderon looks a bit ragged today. Team look lazy and slow.
2 very poor goals conceded by mistakes again.
Very negative by the Boss today. Poor formation. Never played this way all season.

4 of the bench I would have played. Why no Hemed and Murphy. Also kayal and rose. Calderon looks a bit ragged today. Team look lazy and slow. 2 very poor goals conceded by mistakes again. Very negative by the Boss today. Poor formation. Never played this way all season. Your looking good dutch 4 of the bench I would have played. Why no Hemed and Murphy. Also kayal and rose. Calderon looks a bit ragged today. Team look lazy and slow.
2 very poor goals conceded by mistakes again.
Very negative by the Boss today. Poor formation. Never played this way all season.

Uckfield Seagull 1:09pm Sat 20 Feb 16So so annoyed with team selection. We are better than Cardiff challenging for automatic promotion and we play for a point. Cannot argue with Chris so far but his negativity is so annoying. I beg you 2 up front and show we are better

So so annoyed with team selection. We are better than Cardiff challenging for automatic promotion and we play for a point. Cannot argue with Chris so far but his negativity is so annoying. I beg you 2 up front and show we are better Uckfield Seagull So so annoyed with team selection. We are better than Cardiff challenging for automatic promotion and we play for a point. Cannot argue with Chris so far but his negativity is so annoying. I beg you 2 up front and show we are better

tug509 1:09pm Sat 20 Feb 16I cant believe CH has left it without change , this system has cost us 3 goals , is he waiting for the 4th ??

I cant believe CH has left it without change , this system has cost us 3 goals , is he waiting for the 4th ?? tug509 I cant believe CH has left it without change , this system has cost us 3 goals , is he waiting for the 4th ??

Your looking good dutch 1:09pm Sat 20 Feb 16VERY VERY NEGATIVE LINEUP. NEVER CHANGE A WINNING FORMATION.
MAJOR F*%k UP BY BOSS TODAY.

VERY VERY NEGATIVE LINEUP. NEVER CHANGE A WINNING FORMATION. MAJOR F*%k UP BY BOSS TODAY. Your looking good dutch VERY VERY NEGATIVE LINEUP. NEVER CHANGE A WINNING FORMATION.
MAJOR F*%k UP BY BOSS TODAY.

MikeTheMan 1:11pm Sat 20 Feb 16Absurd team selection and what a thrashing. By all means let's get behind the team but, blinkers off, does anyone seriously think we are a potential Premiership team. We have absolutely nothing going forward, the midfield is an absolute shambles and I've seen under 10 teams with a lot more idea of how to defend than our back four. This is truly appalling, it's embarrassing to watch. Cardiff have won every single 50-50 ball and most of our midfielders and defenders are just not tackling, the Cardiff players are just running through us. And they can shoot.

Absurd team selection and what a thrashing. By all means let's get behind the team but, blinkers off, does anyone seriously think we are a potential Premiership team. We have absolutely nothing going forward, the midfield is an absolute shambles and I've seen under 10 teams with a lot more idea of how to defend than our back four. This is truly appalling, it's embarrassing to watch. Cardiff have won every single 50-50 ball and most of our midfielders and defenders are just not tackling, the Cardiff players are just running through us. And they can shoot. MikeTheMan Absurd team selection and what a thrashing. By all means let's get behind the team but, blinkers off, does anyone seriously think we are a potential Premiership team. We have absolutely nothing going forward, the midfield is an absolute shambles and I've seen under 10 teams with a lot more idea of how to defend than our back four. This is truly appalling, it's embarrassing to watch. Cardiff have won every single 50-50 ball and most of our midfielders and defenders are just not tackling, the Cardiff players are just running through us. And they can shoot.

ringtone 1:14pm Sat 20 Feb 16Team selection absolute madness.

Team selection absolute madness. ringtone Team selection absolute madness.

Quiterie 1:19pm Sat 20 Feb 16I think our chances of going top have probably gone.

I think our chances of going top have probably gone. Quiterie I think our chances of going top have probably gone.

Uckfield Seagull 1:20pm Sat 20 Feb 16I am at the ground watching this. Not a time for criticising players or whether so and so is good enough. Today Chris has messed up, poor selection, very very very negative. Very annoyed BHA fan

I am at the ground watching this. Not a time for criticising players or whether so and so is good enough. Today Chris has messed up, poor selection, very very very negative. Very annoyed BHA fan Uckfield Seagull I am at the ground watching this. Not a time for criticising players or whether so and so is good enough. Today Chris has messed up, poor selection, very very very negative. Very annoyed BHA fan

tug509 1:27pm Sat 20 Feb 16Zamora DOES NOT PLAY AS A SINGLE STRIKER , every man and his dog knows that !! before the first goal they looked crap , with a 4-4-2 we would be the team 3-0 up , they have grown in confidence , sort it and we might get some pride back , but FFS DO NOT REPEAT THIS DEGRADING FARCE .

Zamora DOES NOT PLAY AS A SINGLE STRIKER , every man and his dog knows that !! before the first goal they looked crap , with a 4-4-2 we would be the team 3-0 up , they have grown in confidence , sort it and we might get some pride back , but FFS DO NOT REPEAT THIS DEGRADING FARCE . tug509 Zamora DOES NOT PLAY AS A SINGLE STRIKER , every man and his dog knows that !! before the first goal they looked crap , with a 4-4-2 we would be the team 3-0 up , they have grown in confidence , sort it and we might get some pride back , but FFS DO NOT REPEAT THIS DEGRADING FARCE .

Seagulls26 1:27pm Sat 20 Feb 163-0 down after 30 mins!!
Why not change it!its not working.
At least give it a go for **** sake!

3-0 down after 30 mins!! Why not change it!its not working. At least give it a go for **** sake! Seagulls26 3-0 down after 30 mins!!
Why not change it!its not working.
At least give it a go for **** sake!

Uckfield Seagull 1:28pm Sat 20 Feb 16Cannot imagine Hull, Burnley, Middlesborough playing for a point and playing one striker or changing formation against lower league team

Cannot imagine Hull, Burnley, Middlesborough playing for a point and playing one striker or changing formation against lower league team Uckfield Seagull Cannot imagine Hull, Burnley, Middlesborough playing for a point and playing one striker or changing formation against lower league team

Albion In Staffs 1:30pm Sat 20 Feb 16This is no more negative than the formation he picked on Tuesday when we all hailed a competent draw. it's the players letting us down not the system. Three personnel changes and the result is dismal.
Even so, he needs to change it!

This is no more negative than the formation he picked on Tuesday when we all hailed a competent draw. it's the players letting us down not the system. Three personnel changes and the result is dismal. Even so, he needs to change it! Albion In Staffs This is no more negative than the formation he picked on Tuesday when we all hailed a competent draw. it's the players letting us down not the system. Three personnel changes and the result is dismal.
Even so, he needs to change it!

Kit Napier's Beard 1:33pm Sat 20 Feb 16Woeful schoolboy like defending, the Czech lad looks out of his depth and the whole team, knocky apart, show no urgency. So dasappointing.

Woeful schoolboy like defending, the Czech lad looks out of his depth and the whole team, knocky apart, show no urgency. So dasappointing. Kit Napier's Beard Woeful schoolboy like defending, the Czech lad looks out of his depth and the whole team, knocky apart, show no urgency. So dasappointing.

logicaltopical 1:34pm Sat 20 Feb 16Negative line up, leads to negative possession, leads to negative passing around the back, leads to Dunk and Stockdale errors. If we do the same against Bristol, I'm afraid all those previous comments re CH management style will be proved right. UTA.

Negative line up, leads to negative possession, leads to negative passing around the back, leads to Dunk and Stockdale errors. If we do the same against Bristol, I'm afraid all those previous comments re CH management style will be proved right. UTA. logicaltopical Negative line up, leads to negative possession, leads to negative passing around the back, leads to Dunk and Stockdale errors. If we do the same against Bristol, I'm afraid all those previous comments re CH management style will be proved right. UTA.

rockie 1:43pm Sat 20 Feb 16Recent posts badly underestimated Cardiff and the insistence on 4-5-1 (now changed to 4-4-2 at half-time with only pride to play for) has cost us dear. Cardiff closing in on play-off place as things stand...

Recent posts badly underestimated Cardiff and the insistence on 4-5-1 (now changed to 4-4-2 at half-time with only pride to play for) has cost us dear. Cardiff closing in on play-off place as things stand... rockie Recent posts badly underestimated Cardiff and the insistence on 4-5-1 (now changed to 4-4-2 at half-time with only pride to play for) has cost us dear. Cardiff closing in on play-off place as things stand...

Get the Greens out of Brighton 1:44pm Sat 20 Feb 16We will never get promoted with CH as manager as he is far too negative..

We will never get promoted with CH as manager as he is far too negative.. Get the Greens out of Brighton We will never get promoted with CH as manager as he is far too negative..

Far gull 2:00pm Sat 20 Feb 164-1 game over. But it was that with team selection before kick off. What's frustrating is most fans could see it ..why could CH not.
Very poor.

4-1 game over. But it was that with team selection before kick off. What's frustrating is most fans could see it ..why could CH not. Very poor. Far gull 4-1 game over. But it was that with team selection before kick off. What's frustrating is most fans could see it ..why could CH not.
Very poor.

ecobin 2:21pm Sat 20 Feb 16LOL! ecobin LOL!

Charlie Baker's Cap 2:22pm Sat 20 Feb 16I'm not one to stick the knife in just because of one bad result, but let's face a couple of things....
We needed quality cover for Bong - Rosenior can do it but Calde cannot.
Goldson and Dunk are young and relatively quick - but they've been shown up badly and that would happen week in week out in the Premier (a few teams already thinking "we need a Vardy"). Greer will surely be past it next season.
From the moment that Baldock went on, we had no chance - plays too deep, cannot link up with the main striker. Doesn't seem to know where the goal is.
Hemed - dropped off in form for four months!
Crofts and Sidwell - not the answer for next season. We need to spend just to add a third midfielder.
Bruno - not a good defender - we need better next season.
Who does that leave? Knockaert, Lualua, Skalak, Bong, Goldson, Dunk (but they need one quality central defender to lead either of them), Kayal, Stephens, Rosenior, March, Stockdale. I don't see any point in retaining any others for next season. Chequebook time!
Last edited: 2:47pm Sat 20 Feb 16

I'm not one to stick the knife in just because of one bad result, but let's face a couple of things.... We needed quality cover for Bong - Rosenior can do it but Calde cannot. Goldson and Dunk are young and relatively quick - but they've been shown up badly and that would happen week in week out in the Premier (a few teams already thinking "we need a Vardy"). Greer will surely be past it next season. From the moment that Baldock went on, we had no chance - plays too deep, cannot link up with the main striker. Doesn't seem to know where the goal is. Hemed - dropped off in form for four months! Crofts and Sidwell - not the answer for next season. We need to spend just to add a third midfielder. Bruno - not a good defender - we need better next season. Who does that leave? Knockaert, Lualua, Skalak, Bong, Goldson, Dunk (but they need one quality central defender to lead either of them), Kayal, Stephens, Rosenior, March, Stockdale. I don't see any point in retaining any others for next season. Chequebook time! Charlie Baker's Cap I'm not one to stick the knife in just because of one bad result, but let's face a couple of things....
We needed quality cover for Bong - Rosenior can do it but Calde cannot.
Goldson and Dunk are young and relatively quick - but they've been shown up badly and that would happen week in week out in the Premier (a few teams already thinking "we need a Vardy"). Greer will surely be past it next season.
From the moment that Baldock went on, we had no chance - plays too deep, cannot link up with the main striker. Doesn't seem to know where the goal is.
Hemed - dropped off in form for four months!
Crofts and Sidwell - not the answer for next season. We need to spend just to add a third midfielder.
Bruno - not a good defender - we need better next season.
Who does that leave? Knockaert, Lualua, Skalak, Bong, Goldson, Dunk (but they need one quality central defender to lead either of them), Kayal, Stephens, Rosenior, March, Stockdale. I don't see any point in retaining any others for next season. Chequebook time!

WiseOldSeagull 2:22pm Sat 20 Feb 16The right thing for CH to do now is admit he got it wrong and take any pressure off the players.

The right thing for CH to do now is admit he got it wrong and take any pressure off the players. WiseOldSeagull The right thing for CH to do now is admit he got it wrong and take any pressure off the players.

Mossie707 2:26pm Sat 20 Feb 16Let's hope that was a one off, back to winning ways at Bristol lads...

Let's hope that was a one off, back to winning ways at Bristol lads... Mossie707 Let's hope that was a one off, back to winning ways at Bristol lads...

The_Writing_is_on_the_Walll 2:27pm Sat 20 Feb 16What a load or old rubbish

What a load or old rubbish The_Writing_is_on_the_Walll What a load or old rubbish

keswick 2:34pm Sat 20 Feb 16The only response is to go to Bristol on Tuesday and get three points but please do pick a team that will do it. Going to Hull and changing the system to get a well deserved point made sense. But we cannot adopt this policy for every away game because it will backfire. However between now and the end of the season there will be other results such as for all the teams at the top. Bouncing back is imperative to ensure that at the very minimum we keep our play off spot.

The only response is to go to Bristol on Tuesday and get three points but please do pick a team that will do it. Going to Hull and changing the system to get a well deserved point made sense. But we cannot adopt this policy for every away game because it will backfire. However between now and the end of the season there will be other results such as for all the teams at the top. Bouncing back is imperative to ensure that at the very minimum we keep our play off spot. keswick The only response is to go to Bristol on Tuesday and get three points but please do pick a team that will do it. Going to Hull and changing the system to get a well deserved point made sense. But we cannot adopt this policy for every away game because it will backfire. However between now and the end of the season there will be other results such as for all the teams at the top. Bouncing back is imperative to ensure that at the very minimum we keep our play off spot.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here