Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kayal our most important player?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We looked lost today without him, hopefully this knock he has won't limit his playing time for the remaining games, as 2/3 more performances like that will put paid to our automatic hopes.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
definitely missed him today

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Kayal makes everything tick, we need him fully fit for the run-in.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Kayal makes everything tick, we need him fully fit for the run-in.

Exactly, which is why I think it was the right decision to rest him today.

Unfortunately setting up 4-5-1 with Stephens, Sidwell AND Crofts in the middle was a bad decision. I would have liked to see a 4-4-2 with Stephens & Sidwell, Hemed starting with Zamora in the absence of Wilson.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Exactly, which is why I think it was the right decision to rest him today.

Unfortunately setting up 4-5-1 with Stephens, Sidwell AND Crofts in the middle was a bad decision. I would have liked to see a 4-4-2 with Stephens & Sidwell, Hemed starting with Zamora in the absence of Wilson.

Exactly how I think we should have gone. And, yes, Kayal is our most important player and has been since we signed him.

bigcabboy

Nov 7, 2011
kayal murphy and knockheart probably our best three players on the recent mini run two of them missing today together with a poor defensive performance is why we lost like we did but its only one game and lots of twists n turns for all the top teams to come so all not lost far from it

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He is the essential engine-room of the team, we REALLY missed him today but can understand why he was rested. It's a shame the others didn't step up.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Kayal drives the team forward and we really are much poorer without him. He also allows us to play 4-4-2, which in turn gives the opposition a real defensive headache especially with Knockaert/Murphy/Skalak/LuaLua running the wide channels.

100% hindsight is a wonderful thing but it really was a poor set up by CH today. The ball gets bloody stuck in midfield when there are three in there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Kayal is definitely a big 'voice' on the pitch.

Last season it felt like the team had no leaders.
All of this season the team has been full of leaders.

That first half looked a lot like last seasons football.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here