Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

That was embarrassing. In front of the Sky cameras as well.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Fortunately with Arsenal-Hull on BT Sports not too many were watching.

Manager gets most blame today. Too many changes. I know we have another game on Tuesday, but unnecessary to make wholesale changes.

Weather was awful. I know it's the same for both sides, but I believe it suited the welsh boys more than us.

Stockdale made two successive errors leading to their second goal. First a poor kick out, followed by a joke of an attempt at a save.
Bruno was no better than OK. Too many overhit balls and questionable defending.
Goldson was OK, no better, but gave away the penalty.
Dunk was very poor. Greer should play on Tuesday.
Calderon I thought did OK. Not sure why he was subbed at ht. Good to see Rosenior back, but I would have used the sub where it was really needed. Odd decision.
Sidwell did nothing. What was the problem?
Stephens OK. Nice goal.
Crofts OK.
Knockhaert. Nothing went right for him today including slipping over twice in a minute, the first time in the goalmouth when he could have had a scoring opportunity.
Skalak. Did OK, but I would have rather had Murphy playing.
Zamora. Not his day either.
Of the subs, Rosenior was fine as was Hemed. Not so sure about Baldock.

We really missed Kayal. Was he injured or just rested? I guess this proves that our squad is not quite so strong as we thought it was. One shot in the first half. Only two on target all game. We need that loan striker.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
The worst thing for me was I was out and missed it ! But I still fully expect you to go up , not necessarily automatically but through the lottery of the play offs .

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
That was embarrassing. In front of the Sky cameras as well. What's SKY got to do with it? It was embarrassing full stop, and showed up our shortcomings as genuine automatic promotion contenders.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
This thread is embarrassing.

The worst thing for me was I was out and missed it ! But I still fully expect you to go up , not necessarily automatically but through the lottery of the play offs .

In front of the Palace fans as well.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Shit on the telly. We're always shit on the telly. Shit on the teeeeeelly. We're always shit on the telly.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Fortunately with Arsenal-Hull on BT Sports not too many were watching.

Manager gets most blame today. Too many changes. I know we have another game on Tuesday, but unnecessary to make wholesale changes.

Weather was awful. I know it's the same for both sides, but I believe it suited the welsh boys more than us.

Stockdale made two successive errors leading to their second goal. First a poor kick out, followed by a joke of an attempt at a save.
Bruno was no better than OK. Too many overhit balls and questionable defending.
Goldson was OK, no better, but gave away the penalty.
Dunk was very poor. Greer should play on Tuesday.
Calderon I thought did OK. Not sure why he was subbed at ht. Good to see Rosenior back, but I would have used the sub where it was really needed. Odd decision.
Sidwell did nothing. What was the problem?
Stephens OK. Nice goal.
Crofts OK.
Knockhaert. Nothing went right for him today including slipping over twice in a minute, the first time in the goalmouth when he could have had a scoring opportunity.
Skalak. Did OK, but I would have rather had Murphy playing.
Zamora. Not his day either.
Of the subs, Rosenior was fine as was Hemed. Not so sure about Baldock.

We really missed Kayal. Was he injured or just rested? I guess this proves that our squad is not quite so strong as we thought it was. One shot in the first half. Only two on target all game. We need that loan striker.
You know we don`t need strikers, wash your mouth out with soap

C17BHA

Feb 24, 2009
Awful

I know it's only one game but, on the basis of what I saw today, we don't want to be anywhere near the Prem !

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Wasn't embarrassing at all, these things happen. Poor game by all. We go again on Tuesday and if we can get 3 points all will be forgotten

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Team in 'having an off day' shocker.

Cue meltdown on the interweb...

:facepalm:

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Bloody hell, these things happen in football (especially the Championship). Keep some perspective and move on to the next game. That is what the manager will be telling the players to do and that is what we should do.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Shit on the telly. We're always shit on the telly. Shit on the teeeeeelly. We're always shit on the telly.

Just hope that all changes, if/when we make it to the playoffs! :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here