Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sky keep calling us one of the best teams in the league

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
but none of our strikers would get into the top half teams in the league.

Zamora as a bit player but none of the others.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well we are of sorts, we went on an unbeaten run, have constantly stayed in the automatic promotion / playoff places, played some attractive football, attracted half decent players, have the best supporters...................need I say more:albion2::thumbsup:

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
Hemed is decent ...........

(Put our best 11 out, play 442 we are top 4. When our negative manager plays other formations, drops our better players, then we are very average......)

Funny that; that is exactly what Hull, Middlesbrough, Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday and teams in the past such as Bournemouth and Leicester did, playing their best teams in their best formations week in week out.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
We are one of the best TEAMS in the league after all we are 3rd. Maybe not the best collection of individuals but that's different.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Weird, the league table says we're currently one of the best in the league as well.

Exactly, and the league table, especially after we have played this many games, never lies.

Admittedly, player for player, we may not have too many individual 'stars', but as a team we function very very well, so yes I think Sky are quite right, we most certainly are one of the best teams in the division.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Funny that; that is exactly what Hull, Middlesbrough, Burnley, Sheffield Wednesday and teams in the past such as Bournemouth and Leicester did, playing their best teams in their best formations week in week out.

Yes, and I have to say I thought we tinkered far too much with the team today. Playing with the extra player in midfield lessened our goalscoring threat. Three down inside half an hour and the game was lost.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Do you think that's why they weren't saying "the best strikers in the league"?

League table says we're one of the best teams.

Exactly. It is a team, not individuals. We've had a bad day at the office, so let's not start nit picking on every player.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here