Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Worst defensive performance of the season

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
3 horrible first half mistakes.

My only gripe is with Hughtons Formation and Tactics.

We've done superb with a 442.
Why confuse everyone with a 451 plus 3 major player changes?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Easily the worst but Cardiff were sharp. Mistakes by keeper, full backs, central defenders, midfielders... all of them really. It looked as if they thought they had done the hard part v Hull and could coast a little through this and came terribly unstuck. That is what happens in this division when one takes the foot off the pedal just a bit. We are still in the mix fighting though.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
CH tactics shite as they have been on a few occasions
this season.
Today was terrible the worst I e seen in a long long time

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Missed Kayal and Calde and Stockdale both had a mare. Tactics wrong but they were spot on on Tuesday. We move on and go again.

Last edited:

AlastairWatts

Nov 1, 2009
High Wycombe
Because I run a pub and my customers all know that I'm an Albion season ticket holder every time they're on Sky I'm hoping for a decent [performance. Usually I'disappointed, and today was no exception. What an abysmal shambles. I've always thought that when players returned from injury and the team was playing well (as at Hull last week) they had to wait to get back into the side. Would it not have been a better idea to hold onto what seemed to be a cohesive winning team rather than make three changes however valkuable or good the recovering players are or were?

I haven't forgotten the comments the Norwich fans made on here when CH was appointed Albion manager. To-day seems to bear that out - tactically naive, an apparent lack of desire to win the ball and what appeared to me at least a lack of midfield energy and drive.

As a result,, I've had to put up with a fair amount of ribbing this afternoon, although this is mainly from so called Chelsea, Liverpool and MU fans who almost certainly have never seen 'their' teams play live! Thanks CH...

bhafc62

Feb 7, 2016
London
Yes.. but we had chances and missed them. Easily could have been 4-4. An off day not helped at all by conditions. Now means that Bristol is a must win..

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Cardiff weren't exactly great, but somehow we conceded 4 goals.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My only gripe is with Hughtons Formation and Tactics.

We've done superb with a 442.
Why confuse everyone with a 451 plus 3 major player changes?

BIG. FAT. THIS.

I'm not going to have a go at Hughton because he has done brilliantly with us so far this season, but today he got it horribly horribly wrong. I would love to know the rationale behind the changes. Too many changes today, both in personnel and shape, and for the first half hour nobody looked liked they knew what they were supposed to be doing.

Reverting to what we do best, 4-4-2, from the start of the second half and we pulled one back within 10 minutes. Unfortunate about the pen (nailed on) as I think that knocked the stuffing out of us, otherwise I think we could have made a game of it second half.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here