Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

People who do charity work that would be a better option at left back than Calderon

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Bill Gates
Mother Theresa
Lance Armstrong
Eddie Izard
Bob Geldof
Kofi Annan
Esther Rantzen

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Pathetic.

He was, by all accounts, excellent at Hull. He has rarely let us down.

Today he hasn't been great, but nor has anyone else. Why do people feel the need to single out one of the biggest legends that has worn the stripes, and to ridicule him?

The whole team has been shit. But you want to slag off Calde, who was not responsible for any of the goals, and had our best shot of the first half.

As I said, pathetic.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Obviously the OP didn't watch the game today...or even listen to it. Probably just had a cursory glance at some disappointed comments on here and made an assumption. Half term is boring isn't it

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Pathetic.

He was, by all accounts, excellent at Hull. He has rarely let us down.

Today he hasn't been great, but nor has anyone else. Why do people feel the need to single out one of the biggest legends that has worn the stripes, and to ridicule him?

The whole team has been shit. But you want to slag off Calde, who was not responsible for any of the goals, and had our best shot of the first half.

As I said, pathetic.

He wasn't excellent at Hull. Made many errors and misplaced passes. A few good tackles mixed in as well.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You've also got Adam Virgo acting like his negative pre-season comments about Calderon have been proven true.

I honestly didn't see what he did that was so much worse than everyone else. I saw one goal come from Stockdale's kick out, one from an attack down our right, the other first half goal was attributed to Sidwell losing his man, the fourth was a penalty conceded on our right by Goldson. Our only serious threat on goal first half was from Calderon.

What did he do to receive such criticism?

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
If you want to pick on somebody,try Stockdale.He was utter pants today,and unsettled the defence by being so bad.Are you related to him,OP?

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Wasn't responsible for any of the goals and yet is getting the blame from a dick who clearly wasn't there. Plenty of candidates for a slagging if you need to but Calde no worse than some and better than others.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Granted he wasn't great but no worse than the other 10 players on the pitch, not a great day for the team as a whole.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If Calde isn't good enough he shouldn't be in the side. For that, look at Messrs Bloom and Hughton.

The fact is, even for someone who has his best years behind him and is being asked to play out of position, he will give absolutely everything he has. And we can't ask any more than that from any of our players.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
A great player (and man) who is no longer as young as he was. That is all he has done, he is no longer a player for a promotion pushing championship side. But players coming back so all good. And make him a coach

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't mind most aspects of losing; it's part and parcel of sport. However, what I do dislike about the Albion losing is that it wakes up all the bell-ends on NSC.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We all know he's Houghton's third choice LB, but CH was not able to select 2nd choice for a full game.
I just wonder whether the better option would have been to start with Liam Rossenior and bring Calde on when he ran out of gas.
Don't think it helped with another new face at left wing - maybe Skalak for Murphy was one change too many?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Today was a game too far for our defence. We know the sooner Rosenior and Greer are back starting the better.

That said, to have 3 players from the back 4 out for weeks and still be in the thick of it is encouraging.

D

Deleted member 2719

**** you. He is out of position for a start.

I don't think the OP has played football.

I played RB for many years but was swapped to LB on a regular basis because natural left footers were hard to find. It's not very easy adapting against a tricky/younger fast winger.

In LB he will have some good games but a RB he will have many good games Calde is a worker and will always do his best and quite often cause problems if he is allowed to get forward.

I wonder if Bruno swapped with Calde people would be so critical of him when playing out of position.
Calderon is playing for the team and not himself.

People should get off his back there are other players who deserve criticism at times, but not Calderon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here