Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion prospect Dallison ready for big challenge at Crawley [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Tom Dallison admits he has learned the rough and ready side of football in his loan stints away from Albion.
And he hopes that serves him well in what could be a hugely challenging Football League debut today.
Dallison is in line to face League Two promotion chasers Plymouth Argyle after signing on loan for a month.
He is joined at the Checkatrade Stadium by vastly experienced midfielder Andy Bond, who adds to Reds’ list of ex-Stevenage players.
Bond, most recently with Chorley in Vanarama National League north, is on board until the end of the season.
His arrival was helped along by the three-game ban for Simon Walton, which starts today.
Reds were unsuccessful in their appeal against Walton’s dismissal during a catastrophic second half as they lost 4-1 at Accrington last Saturday.
Dallison is well known to regular watchers of Albion’s under-21s as a central defender who likes to get the ball down.
But he admits he developed other virtues during stints at Braintree and Dartford.
The 20–year-old, who was on the youth books of Arsenal, said: “I like getting the ball down and playing but, spending time at Braintree and Dartford, you learn the other side of the game.*The physical side, mainly the heading and turning the ball over quickly.
“I’m prepared to do both sides of the game but I’m comfortable on the ball. I’ll do what’s needed.”
Argyle head to Sussex boasting one of the better goalscoring records in League Two and having netted in each of their last seven away fixtures.
Dallison said: “If I could choose a team to play against it would probably be one of the better sides.*I like to challenge myself. It will be a good experience.”
Boss Mark Yates said he had been keeping tabs on Dallison throughout the season.*Albion are currently playing home under-21s game at Crawley.
Yates said: “Tom has got better and better in the 21s for Brighton. He is a good size, he is athletic, he heads it, he has got a great strike on him, he can defend.
“We are more than happy for him to come here and keep learning and hopefully do well. We think he is ready for it and we need some help.”
Meanwhile Bond, above, could seize his three months with Reds as a Football League lifeline.*He was previously with Crewe, Colchester and Bristol Rovers and would love to state a strong case for a new deal.
Bond said: “It’s a no-brainer to come here. I spoke to the gaffer a couple of weeks ago. It’s down to me now. I need to perform to hopefully earn a new deal.”
4752720.jpg

Yates was keen to avoid making too many loan signings and thanked Chorley for their help in letting Bond go. He said: “Andy has a wealth of experience. He has been there and done it and can play a couple of positions.”
Ross Jenkins has left Reds to play for Poli Timisoara in Romania’s top flight.
He has secured a deal until the end of next season and misses the chance to play one of his former clubs today.

Yates appears to be guiding his side to a safe berth between the play-offs and any hint of relegation danger. But he would love a few highlights along the way – including a notable scalp against Argyle.
Yates was pleased with the display in victory at Stevenage and the first half at Accrington.
But a poor second half at Stanley saw them go from 1-0 up to 4-1 and lose Walton (sent-off) and Jon Ashton (injured).
He said: “I’m looking for as response from my players because we didn’t do ourselves justice in the second half.
“We have had a different week on the training ground but hopefully they respond in the right way and they respond to a couple of fresh faces - and we give a really good side a really good game.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here