Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] BRUNO HAPPY TO STEP UP

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Bruno has been pleased to have the responsibility as captain.
Brighton & Hove Albion defender Bruno has relished making the step up to captain the side and is expecting a tough test from playoff chasing Cardiff on Saturday.
The experienced Spaniard has had the honour of standing in as skipper during Gordon Greer’s absence with injury and is encouraging his team-mates to maintain their discipline against the Bluebirds.
He said, “I am really enjoying being captain but it is a very big responsibility, especially playing in this very tight league. It’s going to be a tough match [this weekend] like most games.
“We need to be compact as a team, especially away from home, and try to be as clinical as possible because when you play away, you have fewer chances. We need to show our personality and we can’t change our style for them.
“We need to think about our performance game by game, that it the most important thing. We can’t think further than Cardiff and we need to play with the same intensity as we did against Hull and Bolton.
“We will take every game as it comes and that is proving to be successful.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK*

Bruno has played with some top players during his long career and singled out Anthony Knockaert for his impressive start to life as an Albion player.“I don’t like to compare players, but there aren’t many like Anthony [Knockaert].
“I have played with Juan Mata, David Silva and David Villa, who are incredible on the ball but aren’t as strong as Anthony.
“He has adapted to what the manager wants so quickly and he is giving us a lot of positives in the attacking third and also defensively too.
“As for [David] Stockdale, we all know he is a top-quality keeper. He has made some key saves recently and he has earned us points because of those performances and saves.
“Our centre-backs [Connor] Goldson and [Lewis] Dunk, are playing really well together. Connor has been given his chance and he is playing very well, so I am happy for him.”
Although Bruno is not thinking too far ahead about his future in football, he discussed his dreams with Brighton and his plans after retirement from the game.
“Gaining promotion to the Premier League with Brighton would be one of the best things I have achieved in my career.
“I have been promoted to the La Liga ([Spanish First Division)] with Almeria which was a similar situation to here at Brighton.
“I don’t see myself coaching. Football has a lot of nice things, but one of the cons is that you lose moments with your family.
“I left my home when I was 14- years- old to play football, which is a very long time. When I do retire I will like to enjoy my family time because it has been very long without them in my life.”
[h=3]ALBION V LEEDS UNITED
[/h]MONDAY 29TH FEBRUARY, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY **
[/h]TUESDAY 8TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V READING
[/h]FRIDAY 11TH MARCH, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here