Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The result of UK megaprojects with EU countries

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
c3ZAM2U.png

W8JDrAL.jpg

0710280.jpg

Royal_Air_Force_Merlin_HC3A_helicopter_training_flight_over_Oxfordshire%2C_Buckinghamshire_%28cropped%29.jpg

1465416.jpg

Ak4idFI.jpg

(channel tunnel)

airbus-a380-lhr.jpg

(wings & rr engines)

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
We'll Concorde is dead!

The channel tunnel is a magnet for 'sponging migrants' trying to illegally force their way into Britain because they choose not to claim asylum in the first safe country they got to (as per the rules or behaviour of a genuine asylum seeker) because it doesn't suit them financially!

Rolls Royce is now German isn't it?

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
We'll Concorde is dead!

The channel tunnel is a magnet for 'sponging migrants' trying to illegally force their way into Britain because they choose not to claim asylum in the first safe country they got to (as per the rules or behaviour of a genuine asylum seeker) because it doesn't suit them financially!

Rolls Royce is now German isn't it?

Rolls Royce PLC is British. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Holdings

The channel tunnel is one of the great feats of modern engineering. Don't make me get off my bike you prick.

arCJ5gn.jpg

Rolls-Royce_Holdings

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Rolls Royce PLC is British. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rolls-Royce_Holdings

The channel tunnel is one of the great feats of modern engineering. Don't make me get off my bike you prick.

arCJ5gn.jpg

Rolls-Royce_Holdings

At last someone who can respond with some humour. Things get far too serious on this site sometimes.
Great pic!
If Rolls Royce is still essentially British as you say, just been reading up that the engines are made in Germany!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If Rolls Royce is still essentially British as you say, just been reading up that the engines are made in Germany!

Of course they are....they work.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

I'm pretty sure Rolls Royce still make jet engines in Filton (Bristol), right next to the Airbus site.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Your example is a photo of desperate people (most likely Syrian) fleeing ISIS controlled territory. Nice one. I'm assuming you're one of those 'shoot the boat' types.

"Most Likely Syrian"...so even by your own admission you don't know who or where these people are from then do you?
And these "desperate people" are so desperate to get to a safe country that they choose to march on through a safe country until they get to a country that suits them!!!
Good will only goes so far until it becomes blatantly obvious the rules arn't being adhered to for the purpose of financial gain.
And just because the poster pointed out a genuine 'major issue' with the EU open boarder policy you retort with a comment about machine gunning their boats in a thinly vailed way of trying to say he's in some a draconian racist!

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
"Most Likely Syrian"...so even by your own admission you don't know who or where these people are from then do you?
And these "desperate people" are so desperate to get to a safe country that they choose to march on through a safe country until they get to a country that suits them!!!
Good will only goes so far until it becomes blatantly obvious the rules arn't being adhered to for the purpose of financial gain.
And just because the poster pointed out a genuine 'major issue' with the EU open boarder policy you retort with a comment about machine gunning their boats in a thinly vailed way of trying to say he's in some a draconian racist!

Well I was sure I had seen the images before and after checking I am correct in saying that they are indeed Syrians. That image is from a photo blog by the atlantic about Syrians (mostly) migrating across the balkans http://www.theatlantic.com/photo/20...ants-are-crossing-the-balkans-on-foot/412453/

And yes, I agree, it was wrong for me to make assumptions about pastafarian. Like you, I have also had a drink tonight so excuse my emotional drunken drivel lol

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
At last someone who can respond with some humour. Things get far too serious on this site sometimes.
Great pic!

It's British but based in Germany, Berlin. A friend of mine is an engineer for them. He was explaining that they employ mainly British and Swedish personnel as the Germans are just too hard to work with as they lack diplomacy and won't discuss the best ways of doing things.

Germans aren't what they used to be when it comes to engineering or building things. There's a 2 billion euro unfinished airport that was supposed to be open years ago standing dormant on the outskirts of Berlin.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Don't forget our President.

Can't remember his name.

Or voting for him.

vanrompuy1.jpg

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Do we own lots of Utility companies in Europe. Southern Water is French, then you have EDF, N Power etc etc, hard to recall the few we do still own.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here