Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Over 500 Albion programmes

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Regretfully I've decided to move on my collection of Albion programmes.
They start in 1988 and go thru to 2012 and cover the vast majority of home games since 1992/93 (though I'm missing quite a few Priestfield ones)
Most are in the binders so are in very good condition and there are a fair few fanzines mixed in as well.

I'm sure their value is negligible, so I don't want any money for them, though you may wish to make a REMF donation.

Please pm me if interested and I'll choose someone at random by tomorrow midday and arrange collection.
Cheers!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I just need the space, having moved house.
I've picked out the few that mean something to me.

I sympathise.....did the same at few years ago,even had those blue binders to put them in too..

Set fire to my whole collection of gulls eye and programmes dating from 1988,play off finals too..

house move....

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
:bounce:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Please don't burn them its history and I sure Brighton have programme collector faryes and I am sure you could auction them on NSC if you donated some of the money to REMF. We also have many new young fans who might want to start collecting.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Please don't burn them its history and I sure Brighton have programme collector faryes and I am sure you could auction them on NSC if you donated some of the money to REMF.

As per my OP!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I had hundreds of Brighton programmes myself that I just left at my Mother's,needless to say she eventually threw them out,I didn't batter an eyelid at the time

some years later I started buying them back off EBay at extortionate prices

kids grow up and leave,wife's come and go :lol:

now when the misses is watching a night time of shite on the TV

it's great to pick out a season and read them in chronological order

it's a job to put them down,not only a history of the Albion but it brings back lots of memories from your personal life too

you seem to have made up your mind,but don't regret like I did,after all 500 programmes can be put in the loft for a later date

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I had hundreds of Brighton programmes myself that I just left at my Mother's,needless to say she eventually threw them out,I didn't batter an eyelid at the time

some years later I started buying them back off EBay at extortionate prices

kids grow up and leave,wife's come and go :lol:

now when the misses is watching a night time of shite on the TV

it's great to pick out a season and read them in chronological order

it's a job to put them down,not only a history of the Albion but it brings back lots of memories from your personal life too

you seem to have made up your mind,but don't regret like I did,after all 500 programmes can be put in the loft for a later date

I know exactly what you mean, and I had a programme for every single game I'd gone to from 1987 to 2012... But i stopped buying them for one reason or another (not because of the quality of content because they're very good) and having moved to a bungalow, I stored them away and haven't looked at them since. Plus Hiney has them online if I need a look!
I've kept the important ones for me (first game, sons first game, name checks (!) etc) but I'm at peace with moving them on now. RIP

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yep, I've got boxloads going back to 1963, some with autographs, but still can't bring myself to get shot of them. I recently uncovered a bag full of Gulls Eyes and have enjoyed reliving those times and reminding me of what our aspirations were in those turbulent times. Not sure we have ended up 100% with what we wanted but it sure is better!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
What's the lineup of the first one in 1988? Nelson and Bremner up front?

It was Nelson and Wood.. But strangely I can't find the 87 - 91 binder.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
These have now been claimed! Thanks for the interest!

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Yep, I've got boxloads going back to 1963, some with autographs, but still can't bring myself to get shot of them. I recently uncovered a bag full of Gulls Eyes and have enjoyed reliving those times and reminding me of what our aspirations were in those turbulent times. Not sure we have ended up 100% with what we wanted but it sure is better!

Most of Gulls Eye is now also online at www.seagullsprogrammes.co.uk

:thumbsup:

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Am similarly clearing out loads of programmes. mainly from 80s and 90s. Don't want to throw them out if there is a good home for them anywhere. Also various fanzines from then too. Any ideas?

yorkshire seagull

May 18, 2004
Leeds
I'm always after old programmes - they're a great way of teaching my kids about the history of the club. My son's really interested in the whole 80's and 90's area. Let me know if anyone's got any available....

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
On the subject of programmes, do they sell recent away programmes at the club shop on matchday? Forgot to buy one yesterday at Preston. If not, I'll probably go direct to PNE.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here