Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has Cameron blown it with the EU negotiations ?

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
He's heading back in tonight or more talks but my gut feeling is he's not going to get an agreement. If that's the case he's a dead man walking isn't he ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
He tried, will probably fail on what little he was after, we now know, if as suspected, and have proof that other EU members will probably not budge now or much in the future.
A wake up call.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The Greeks seem to be exploiting the negotiations to get concessions on migrants and it's being reported by the BBC that Michael Gove is declaring for the out camp.

Not going well for DC.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No. He will get a deal. But it won't suit folk who want out, or folk who want a different kind of arrangement for entry and entitlements. So he'll front up a 'vote yes' campaign with lots of his own party campaigning against him. In other words, a fiasco. What was he thinking? :shrug:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Whether he gets an agreement or not, and whether he gets party backing or not, I honestly think there are signs that public opinion is beginning to sway heavily towards LEAVE, with immigration being th issue that trumps anything to do with trade. People understand the immigration problem, and realise something really needs to be done to make it fair and sustainable. But people don't understand the trade issue, and I think that camp will have a devil of a job tying to explain the benefit, such that it overcomes the immigration control issue.

Me personally? Leave. No brainer. Get control back, still trade with whoever and whenever we want. And cheaper too.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I don't understand Cameron's actions:

1. He was never going to get the deal he wanted.
2. He is pushing away pro-Europeans, this is not the way business gets done in the EU, he's making the UK a laughing stock.
3. He's not going far enough to appease Eurosceptics.
4. I'm really left wondering whether anyone apart from David Cameron thinks he's doing the right thing.

If there were anyone half decent in the Tory ranks he'd be in big big trouble. Lucky for him his main rivals are tossers and buffoons.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
He screwed up the Scottish referendum by allowing a nigh on two year campaign. In this one he he is trying to go for a quicker campaign but without the likelihood of a very different model.

He would have been better to go for an in or out, quickly, with what was on the table originally

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Lucky for him his main rivals are tossers and buffoons.

Many of whom will be jockeying for position if Dave comes back and says "Back me or sack me".

It's entirely possible that the tories could be torn apart by this issue.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Whether he gets an agreement or not, and whether he gets party backing or not, I honestly think there are signs that public opinion is beginning to sway heavily towards LEAVE, with immigration being th issue that trumps anything to do with trade. People understand the immigration problem, and realise something really needs to be done to make it fair and sustainable. But people don't understand the trade issue, and I think that camp will have a devil of a job tying to explain the benefit, such that it overcomes the immigration control issue.

Me personally? Leave. No brainer. Get control back, still trade with whoever and whenever we want. And cheaper too.

Michael Gove has just 'come out' as a 'leave' campaigner. That should put a stop to the 'heavy sway' to leave momentum. All we need now is Jezza to 'oppose' Cameron's call to stay in, and there will be a heavy sway of total confusion and uncertainty about the issue. Hang on . . . :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Many of whom will be jockeying for position if Dave comes back and says "Back me or sack me".

It's entirely possible that the tories could be torn apart by this issue.

I think if they're not already they will be within days. I've never known a time in politics when all 3 parties are in meltdown. The Lib Dems of 7 or 8 years ago would have been all over Cameron and Corbyn, it is a crying shame that there was such an over- reaction to the u-turn on tuition fees.

A decent Lib Dem party keeps both of the other two on their toes, what we have now is a political vacuum.

Suomi Hypoxia

Registered Lurker
No. He will get a deal. But it won't suit folk who want out, or folk who want a different kind of arrangement for entry and entitlements. So he'll front up a 'vote yes' campaign with lots of his own party campaigning against him. In other words, a fiasco. What was he thinking? :shrug:

Cameron was thinking Ed Milliband was going to win the election and he wouldn't be having to fulfill his referendum promise.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
He's heading back in tonight or more talks but my gut feeling is he's not going to get an agreement. If that's the case he's a dead man walking isn't he ?

If that's the case, we're in for a rocky ride.

Still, Trump will have fired a nuke off by next spring so none of it will matter anyhow.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here