Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Audiobooks

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Used to take books on holiday, then I took an e-reader for my holiday relaxation.

I’ve now decided that reading seems such hard work when I’m supposed to be chilling that I’ve decided to try audiobooks.

Has NSC got any recommendations, for easy listening, nothing intellectual, perhaps a spy or cops and robbers or comedy, or anything really for sitting by pool relaxing to a good story.

It would also help if the person doing the reading out loud bit was good at it.

Over to you.......

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
All of the Michael Connelly Bosch books are very good on audio - need to start at the beginning if you haven't read them though.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Worth typing Audiobooks into Youtube - plenty of freebies on there.

Thank you for that. Well worth looking at, at first glance.

Would like to download and use the audiobook player on the old mobile phone thingy.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Used the Harry Potter audio books some years ago whilst driving around France. Didn't hear a peep from the kids all the time that Stepehn Fry was narrating :)

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Oh yes, this is lovely stuff. Read by the man himself.

Audiobook-going-to-sea-in-a-sieve-B00A8NUBPS_S250.jpg

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Robert Galbraith (JK Rowling) books are really good from audible - they about a private detective, very easy listening

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Peter rabbit, Julia Donaldson & cat in the hat are all loved by my kids

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005

Did think of downloading the youtube audio for those books following your recommendation, but wondering if the player will be able to maintain bookmarks, while I nip to the bar for a refill.

These audiobook thingies seem to have chapters and whatnot, multiple files that they recognise within a folder. Would this work the same with one big mp3 file ?

Suck it and see I guess

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy is a great listen on audiobook. Also, things read by Stephen Fry always seem engaging, even if he is a massive amount of a knob.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I would happily spend a week on a desert island listening to Terry Pratchett books read by the inimitable Tony Robinson. Brilliant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here