Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Gotsmonov

Votes: 24 23.1%
  • Bong

Votes: 12 11.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oct 25, 2003
so, here we are with the final group stage of the tournament. Group 3 is still yet to finish but I'll get group 4 underway so that the knock out phase can begin on monday

normal rules apply- please think before voting ffs (WE'RE NOT NECESSARILY VOTING FOR THE MOST SKILFUL PLAYER)

Fran Sandaza
D.O.B: 30.11.84
Nationality: Spanish
Albion Career: 19 apps 4 goals. 2010-11
Position: Striker
View attachment FRANCISCO-SANDAZA-Small.bmp
FLAIRtributes: horse like appearance/playing style, weirdly effective despite complete lack of skill, great name

Jeff Minton
D.O.B: 28.12.73
Nationality:English
Albion Career: 175 apps, 31 goals. 1994-99
Position: Midfielder
brighton6.JPG
FLAIRtributes: only vaguely skilful player in a very anti-skill era, could do great 90's things like occasional 'cruyff turns', great 90's hair

David Lopez
D.O.B: 10.9.82
Nationality:Spanish
Albion Career: 65 apps, 12 goals. 2012-14
Position:Midfielder
brighton-crystal-palace.jpg
FLAIRtributes: a classic Poyet signing, very casual style of play, incredible technical ability, seemed to only ever score incredible goals

Mauricio Taricco
D.O.B: 10.3.73
Nationality:Argentinian
Albion Career: 15 apps. 2010-12
Position: Defender
00bighton_1421878a.jpg
FLAIRtributes: ridiculous levels of ill-discipline for a player-coach, bit of a nutter on the pitch, argentinian, came out of retirement to play a few games, showed classic south american levels of dissent

Abdul Razak
D.O.B: 11.11.92
Nationality: Ivorian
Albion Career: 6 apps. 2012
Position: Midfieler
Abdul-Razak-Doncaster-Rover.gif
FLAIRtributes: absolute machine for 1 game and 1 game only, bad attitude, african

Kemy Agustien
D.O.B: 20.8.86
Nationality: Curacoaon (4 caps)
Albion Career: 13 apps. 2013-15
_69153074_kemyagustienhgetty.jpg
FLAIRtributes: absurd human being, ridiculous online presence, very lazy, so unpopular with fans but didn't give a shit

Paddy McCourt
D.O.B: 16.12.83
Nationality: Northern Irish (18 caps, 2 goals)
Albion Career: 10 apps. 2014-2015
Position: Midfielder?
3261392.jpg
FLAIRtributes: played like a drunk sunday league footballer, no positional sense or end product whatsoever

Peter Smith
D.O.B:- I can't find a wikipedia entry for Smith, if someone could find one that would be great
Nationality: English
Albion Career:
Position: Defender
chester98_16.jpg
FLAIRtributes: played like a rampaging horse, had little skill, great 90's hair, fantastic legs

Sergei Gotsmonov
D.O.B: 27.3.59
Nationality: Belarusian (3 caps, 1 goal)/Soviet Union (31 caps, 2 goals)
Albion Career: 16 apps, 4 goals. 1990
sergeigotsmanov2.jpg
FLAIRtributes: cheeky, incredibly skilful, achieved great cult status in a short time, very flair nationality

Gaetan Bong
D.O.B: 25.4.88
Nationality: Cameroonian
Albion Career: 7 apps. 2015-present
Position: defender
Gaetan-Bong.jpg
FLAIRtributes: cameroonian, incredible physique, great hair, african

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
This group is the premier league to group three's La Liga. A very competitive group but the overall winner most probably won't be coming from it.

It's going to be tough to pick just one from this group, all the competitors have plenty going for them.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Tanno. South American FLAIR is the trump card in this.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
For me it's between Kemy or Paddy.

Minton was the default flair player when we had literally no flair. Tanno outflairs him in terms of not just ill discipline, but ridiculous discipline. Sandaza was too good.

Kemy outflairs Tanno through his ridiculous attitude and incredible social media presence.

But McCourt. Oh McCourt. Mazy, ridiculous runs into dangerous positions followed by powderpuff shots into the keepers chest? Lose three defenders with one deft sashay of the hips then loft the ball gently over the bar into row C?

Plus the appearance, the scruffiness, the fact he's idolised back home; he's my flair icon of this group without a doubt.

Oct 25, 2003
Tanno must have one of the worst discipline records in Albion history, with pretty much all of it being for DISSENT

But still it's paddy for me. He played and looked like a Sunday league player with a hangover. That guy who never turns up for training and no one really knows

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Has to be Gotsmanov. This is one of my favourite goals, rounding the keeper, then celebrating before putting the ball in the goal is FLAIR

24 seconds in.

[yt]H22JcWiXQhM[/yt]

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gotsmanov by a street for me. The only one who comes close to Vicente and Worthington for me. That 'salute' goal will always stand out

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I've gone Sergei too: USSR and Belarus, world class player playing for us for free(thanks to perestroika), drove a sponsored Lada, that 'salute' goal, shit haircut, middle name of Anatolayevich.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gotsmonov for me. IIRC he was flair personified; one incident sticks in my mind - he pushed others out of the way in 1st game to take cheeky free kick...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here