Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We're top of the league, we're top of the leeeeeeage, we're Brighton n Hove Albion...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
"We're top of the league, we're top of the leeeeeeage, we're Brighton n Hove Albion...

...we're top of the league"

I am really REALLY missing singing this. After that horror show run of results where we even slipped out of the play-off places for an hour, I didn't think we'd get close to even dreaming about singing it again.

Saturday:
Cardiff v Brighton
Neither Middlesbrough or Hull play in the league this weekend.

Which means if we beat Cardiff, we would be level with Hull (behind on GD) going into Tuesday's games

Tuesday:
Bristol City v Brighton
Ipswich v Hull

Friday:
Hull v Sheff Wed

Saturday:
Fulham v Middlesbrough

If we *can* win both games (a big ask!), then Middlesbrough wouldn't go above us even if they did beat a woeful Fulham team and Hull would need 3 points or more from their two tricky games listed above - otherwise we can dream of singing this again at home to the Champions of Europe on Monday 29th Feb. :thumbsup:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have to be honest I don't. Much prefer the old school song of we are top of the league say we are top the league than what is a bit of a durge. Much like the newer version of Albiooooooooooooon, rather than Albion Albion Albion.

But would be nice to have the choice again :)

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
At least it's stops that poxy song "We are tobbaligg, SAY we are tobbaligg!

Last edited:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I hated it, we just looked like smug dickheads, it was obvious that we would drop away at some point.

However hopefully we will be singing it come the end of the season.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Singing it away at Ipswich as we raced into a two goal lead was fun ... singing it just after our third, after they had drawn level and taunted us with the same song was epic :D

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
At least it's stops that poxy song "We are tobbaligg, SAY we are tobbaligg!

It is just a laugh, banter, all clubs do it if they are at the summit.
If many on here had their way we would not sing anything by the looks of it. We have precious few songs now so to cease singing them because of the "permanently embarrassed at every song brigade". Easiest thing to do if not keen is to listen to others singing, ignore and watch the game.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
It is just a laugh, banter, all clubs do it if they are at the summit

Soulman, it's more to do with being unable to sing some songs because they are too fast or have too many syllables like the 'tobbaligg' song. I'd rather sing the OP's version.

Don't worry, I sing my heart out at every away game. I sit in the quiet posh seats in WSL so have to leave it to the North.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Soulman, it's more to do with being unable to sing some songs because they are too fast or have too many syllables like the 'tobbaligg' song. I'd rather sing the OP's version.

Don't worry, I sing my heart out at every away game. I sit in the quiet posh seats in WSL so have to leave it to the North.

Was generalising actually, glad you belt it out. It is escapism, support, banter and fun. The ones that enjoy themselves are normally smiling, whilst the "permanently embarrassed" seem to have a disdainful look. Interesting that nobody seems to care what is sung when we are away as long as there is noise...i do manage to keep up :)

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
One thing I've noticed about us is that we don't often sing "E I E I E I O, Up The Football League We Go". Certainly not in comparison to other clubs in and around the top six.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
One thing I've noticed about us is that we don't often sing "E I E I E I O, Up The Football League We Go". Certainly not in comparison to other clubs in and around the top six.

GOOD. I absolutely ****ing HATE that chant. No idea why either - it just REALLY bothers me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
...we're top of the league"

I am really REALLY missing singing this. After that horror show run of results where we even slipped out of the play-off places for an hour, I didn't think we'd get close to even dreaming about singing it again.

Saturday:
Cardiff v Brighton
Neither Middlesbrough or Hull play in the league this weekend.

Which means if we beat Cardiff, we would be level with Hull (behind on GD) going into Tuesday's games

Tuesday:
Bristol City v Brighton
Ipswich v Hull

Friday:
Hull v Sheff Wed

Saturday:
Fulham v Middlesbrough

If we *can* win both games (a big ask!), then Middlesbrough wouldn't go above us even if they did beat a woeful Fulham team and Hull would need 3 points or more from their two tricky games listed above - otherwise we can dream of singing this again at home to the Champions of Europe on Monday 29th Feb. :thumbsup:

Don't need to wait until the Monday, do we? IF we were to win both games, then we would definitely be top at the final whistle at Bristol City (or earlier if we chose to celebrate the 'as it stands' table...). Can't we sing it THEN??

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
I hated it, we just looked like smug dickheads, it was obvious that we would drop away at some point.

However hopefully we will be singing it come the end of the season.

I don't know about everyone else but I sung it as I was making the most of the time we were top because I knew it wouldn't last forever..

Hopefully we will be singing it away at Boro when we are 4 points clear of 3rd...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here