Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] James Wilson part deux

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
absolute nothing story from The Metro - who says were angry? sod all quotes..... joke paper

I doubt the club are "angry", but I wouldn't say its a nothing story when there is a direct quote from LVG. Now Rooney is long-term crocked I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson recalled at all.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Completely nothing story as the recall being an option was confirmed early on in the loan.so why would we all of a sudden be angry that it had been mentioned again

Apr 30, 2013
It's grim oop north
I doubt the club are "angry", but I wouldn't say its a nothing story when there is a direct quote from LVG. Now Rooney is long-term crocked I wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson recalled at all.

its a nothing story as they are going for the "brighton are angry" route - this is bollox as the version in the Argus, with quotes, states CH being very relaxed and at peace with the agreement and LVG's words of not planning to recall him.

so their angle of us being angry is a nothing story for me.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
And as for him potentially being recalled. I just dont see it happening, it would make no sense at all to throw him in at the deep end with his fitness issues and need for a decent run of games for experience

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yep, I echo the above. Metro is the same publisher as the Daily Mail – says a lot to me – and the less said about the Arsegas the better...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
its a nothing story as they are going for the "brighton are angry" route - this is bollox as the version in the Argus, with quotes, states CH being very relaxed and at peace with the agreement and LVG's words of not planning to recall him.

so their angle of us being angry is a nothing story for me.

The two clubs had agreed to keep the recall clause private, but Louis van Gaal broke this when he said: ‘At this point, I can call James Wilson back, but at this point I have possibilities with Will Keane and Anthony Martial. Also there is Memphis Depay"

I take from that that he's weighing up his options, so a recall can't be completely discarded from the equation. No point worrying about it though, we just have to get on with it under the assumption Wilson will stay, until we hear otherwise.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Crap, they've revealed the best kept secret in football. Thanks LVG, if it wasn't for you, only 4 people in the world would know about this!!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Nothing to see here, folks. If you read the Metro link, it says that it comes from a story in The Independent. It was written by Miguel Delaney, a keen young football writer whom I know vaguely, and I contacted him when it dropped online last night to point out the recall option had been known from day one. He said he'd got the story from a source "high up" but admitted he hadn't checked and was furious - at the source and himself for not checking. But by then the Indy had gone to press and the online story had been picked up by the Star and Metro, neither of whom checked either.

That, my friends, is the state of the media today. Experienced journalists are made redundant because they're too expensive and replaced by people who are enthusiastic and cheap.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nothing to see here, folks. If you read the Metro link, it says that it comes from a story in The Independent. It was written by Miguel Delaney, a keen young football writer whom I know vaguely, and I contacted him when it dropped online last night to point out the recall option had been known from day one. He said he'd got the story from a source "high up" but admitted he hadn't checked and was furious - at the source and himself for not checking. But by then the Indy had gone to press and the online story had been picked up by the Star and Metro, neither of whom checked either.
Blimey, that's fairly ITK.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
If i was CH i wouldn't trust this situation .The management at United could change at any minute.Therefore if we can get GM on loan at least we are are covered for the most important 3 months to come......

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If i was CH i wouldn't trust this situation .The management at United could change at any minute.Therefore if we can get GM on loan at least we are are covered for the most important 3 months to come......
But GM isn't a replacement for Wilson.

TBH as good as Wilson can be, he's hardly been integral to this seasons success.
With as many as 5 wingers available very soon, CH will be able to free up Murphy for 'nippy striker' role without compromising the supply line.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The Metro are always having a pop / stirring shit up when it comes to BHA. Someone there doesn't like us - I'm pretty sure there were some CPFC2010 connections revealed once too... Doesn't surprise me.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

That, my friends, is the state of the media today. Experienced journalists are made redundant because they're too expensive and replaced by people who are enthusiastic and cheap.
.....as opposed to apathetic and expensive......:lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

This, with knobs on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here