Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sidwell hopes he has given Albion boss a selection headache [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
STEVE SIDWELL hopes he has given his manager a headache by helping Albion to a good point.
The on-loan midfielder was particularly impressive in the first half of the 0-0 draw at Hull City on the first start of his second stint with the club.
He now hopes to play a part in away games at Cardiff on Saturday and Bristol City next Tuesday.

Sidwell, brought in recently from Stoke City, came into the side as Albion opted for an extra midfielder away to the in-form leaders.
He said: “I came here to play minutes and I’ve had to sit on the bench in the first couple of games.
“The lads have done fantastic and you’ve just got to hold your hands up to them and wait your turn.
“The manager now has got a big squad at his disposal and he can tinker formations and put different players in.
“It gives him another headache for the games coming up.”
Sidwell was delighted to help in a clean sheet and reasonably happy with a point.
He added: “We had a gameplan to come and win the game first and foremost and, second of all, not to lose it.
“We have come away with a point and that could be a vital point come the end of the season.
“It’s a good point against a side who will definitely be there or thereabouts at the end of the season.”
Elsewhere last night, Blackburn won 3-0 at home to Fulham.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I'd start with same line-up, keep it tight and push for the win in last 30 with some attacking subs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here