Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Get well soon, Brackers

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Indeed. Top man is Peter, a voice of Football for decades.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
He is a really nice guy as well at being a great commentator. Big fan of the Albion. Got to know him when working in Suffolk and he was on the local radio there. Best wishes for a speedy recovery and well done to the first aiders and NHS personnel.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Top guy. Has helped us (Mid Sussex Seagulls) with some great quizzes recently. Get Well soon Peter.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Takes me back to my early years and Radio Brighton. The days when radio was king. All the best Peter.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Wasn't his mother the school secretary at HCGSB?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
........and a player for West Hove FC back in the day. Remember he started with fetes and local events at the Shoreham newspaper.

A good bloke, and I hope he returns to good health soon.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Can only echo the sentiments already posted , met him a few times and his knowledge of all things football is astounding , either that or mines pants , a full and speedy recovery to you sir .

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
Oh no. My Dad played with and against Brackers back in the day and we've bumped into him at the past couple of home games and had a decent natter. Top bloke. Get well soon Brackers!!!!

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
A very entertaining, funny man & Albion through & through. Get well soon Peter.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Same here. Peter used to be my school dinner table supervisor.

Ah, the heady days of treacle pudding being dolled out in eighths by a prefect. I was soon to discover that for the price of one school dinner I could get 5 Park Drive and a penny book of matches and still have change. In hindsight I should have stuck to the recommended daily balanced diet.
Yes, Mrs Brackley was indeed the school secretary and occasional nurse.

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Used to play league table tennis against Peter back in the early70's. He played for St Richards based at King Alfred's and I played for Spartan's. Happy days.
Hope you get well soon and continue to entertain for many years to come.

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
A great guy and school contemporary who I used to play football with (and chess!!!), often in the old North Stand in our youth. Sobering when guys you were at school with start getting heart attacks. Wish you a speedy recovery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here