Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1 coffee please - milk and 25 sugars, thanks.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not surprising. When I worked in Canary Wharf, every day I would see the same lardy ordering a VENTI Hot Chocolate, with WHIPPED CREAM. No wonder she was wondering why she had an over active thyroid ....

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is this news? Does anyone really not know this shit?

I am gobsmacked by the lack of understanding of what foods/drinks are bad for you.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"So this hot, sickly, super-sweet gloopy beverage I am drinking is absolutely RAMMED with sugar ?"

Wow. Who'dve thunk it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not surprising. When I worked in Canary Wharf, every day I would see the same lardy ordering a VENTI Hot Chocolate, with WHIPPED CREAM. No wonder she was wondering why she had an over active thyroid ....
According to this she had 1.2g of added sugar available for the rest of the day, (taken from figures that should be halved)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-33551501

Do you think she kept within her limit?

Oh and to be fair, I'm writing this as a self confessed sugaraholic.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Over active thyroid increases your metabolism so makes you lose weight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I am gobsmacked by the lack of understanding of what foods/drinks are bad for you.

"So this hot, sickly, super-sweet gloopy beverage I am drinking is absolutely RAMMED with sugar ?"

Wow. Who'dve thunk it.

Agreed. There really are some thick twunts out there.
All true but that's still some pretty staggering amounts of sugar.

I doubt they'd sell so easily if it stated 'contains 25 teaspoons of sugar'.
Although I'm sure they'd still sell.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I had no idea it was that bad (presumably because I don't drink those things).

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Always loved the smell of fresh coffee, but I think it tastes horrible, so never drink the stuff. I guess all these lardies don't like the taste of it either if they have to add loads of syrup and cream to enable them to drink it

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
YOLO :thumbsup:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It annoys me that when ordering an Americano I am asked whether I would like milk. I thought everybody knew that that would be an Inglese.

Yeah...an ingelese - right with you buddy. :whistle:

Americano without milk is also my order.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

Clearly it's pretty obvious that these things are bad for you. That said, I am still surprised at the obscene levels of sugars contained within some of these drinks. Take the 25 teaspoons example. That's close to three times the amount of sugar found in a can of coke, which contains a shit ton of sugar. I'd be surprised if many people were aware of the extremity of the levels of sugars in these drinks. Good on this campaign group for raising awareness on this issue I say - I certainly didn't realise quite how much sugar some of these drinks contain (not that I drink any of them anyway).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here