Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richie Towell on loan?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Makes sense, we've got a lot of proven midfielders with just 2.5 months to go, so it would be good for him to get some game time and see how he does in England.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Good move if correct as would assume currently 5th choice for a midfield slot, and probably lower than that if we looked to play an attacking midfield player. Gains more match time, and we can keep tabs on him and then back for pre-season.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
I know he comes from the 'lower' Irish league but he appears to have been the cream on the top. Just needs game time and he's one for the future.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Not going to get much game time here at the business end of the season so makes perfect sebse. High hopes still that he will make it here long term.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Suppose rovers are challenging for play offs but still a strange one going to a league 2 team. Says to me gamble hasn't paid off, and he will be let go in summer.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He obviously wants game time to increase his chances of getting into the Eire squad for the Euros. Makes sense as with our 4 central midfielder options he's not going to get a place on the bench. I wonder if he regrets his move here as he had other options. Maybe he thought he was better than Div 1 or 2, but seems not at the moment.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
The arrival of Sidwell was bad news for him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Hope for a recall clause incase we get a couple of injuries in the meantime?

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Hasn't really had a chance here yet. Still seems like an exciting prospect.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
He obviously wants game time to increase his chances of getting into the Eire squad for the Euros. Makes sense as with our 4 central midfielder options he's not going to get a place on the bench. I wonder if he regrets his move here as he had other options. Maybe he thought he was better than Div 1 or 2, but seems not at the moment.

For a fair time earlier in the season people were wondering whether Goldson regretted his move here. I dont think we can judge Towell just yet. Sidwell coming in hasnt helped him but perhaps Hughton felt experience was more important for the run in.
Need to remember as well that if we're still in the championship next season we will need the likes of Towell as back up with no emergency loan market

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here