Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sheffield Wednesday home game

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sheffield Wednesday :lol: could be the largest gate for almost 2 years, I'd have thought.

As the largest club in the league (and indeed Europe), they will bring around 17,000 of their own muglets, mostly filling the home ends. It would be more than that, but it's a Tuesday.

We will then have 11,000 fans at the Amex ourselves (because tickets are ten quid each).

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Was Arsenal in January last year, the most recent complete sell out?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ignoring the Sheff Weds banter, I would be disappointed if we don't approach sell outs in some of the games to come. We should certainly be looking for high turnouts for Wednesday, Leeds, Burnley and Derby.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Sheffield Wednesday :lol: could be the largest gate for almost 2 years, I'd have thought.

As the largest club in the league (and indeed Europe), they will bring around 17,000 of their own muglets, mostly filling the home ends. It would be more than that, but it's a Tuesday.

We will then have 11,000 fans at the Amex ourselves (because tickets are ten quid each).

Hillsborough is already sold out for the beamback.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Seriously, all this Sheffield Wednesday stuff is painful. :ffsparr:

I was listening to BBC radio Sheffield in the car the other night as they had a football phone in thing (it was crap). There were numerous Wednesday :lolol: fans mentioning how "everyone" knows they are the form team in the division (while bemoaning how shit the attendance / atmosphere at Hillsborough still is).

I just checked the form tables and if you look at the last 4 games MASSIVE Wednesday are second (to us) and last 6 or 8 games they are second (to Burnley). Yet another example of their fans talking out of their arses.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I was listening to BBC radio Sheffield in the car the other night as they had a football phone in thing (it was crap). There were numerous Wednesday :lolol: fans mentioning how "everyone" knows they are the form team in the division (while bemoaning how shit the attendance / atmosphere at Hillsborough still is).

I just checked the form tables and if you look at the last 4 games MASSIVE Wednesday are second (to us) and last 6 or 8 games they are second (to Burnley). Yet another example of their fans talking out of their arses.

As opposed to our fans who are grounded and reasonable? ???

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
As opposed to our fans who are grounded and reasonable? ???

To be fair...Wednesday are in a league of their own when it comes to being delusional...closely followed by Leeds...must be a Yorkshire trait of feeling inferior. Having spent a lot of time in and around Sheffield, it is FACT!

Dec 29, 2011

Last 10 games is them though I think.

Feb 14, 2010
I find this thread so disrespectful to both Leeds and Sheffield Weds. They are both clearly the biggest two clubs in the division, its just that they both get smaller crowds than Brighton.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
They will fill the away end and make plenty of noise too. What's not to like?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here