Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jamaica

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I went to Montego Bay in 1999. Loved it although now it seems an expensive venue. I went to Cuba a few years back and as it is a lot cheaper i would go again.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Negril.
By far the best beach anywhere.
Take a look at Sunset at the Palms, smaller AI Hotel. Thoroughly recommended.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Personally I'd rather go St Lucia or Barbados, but Jamaica is decent in the right places and resorts. It can feel a bit unsafer than it actually is, but can find good deals there

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure Jamaica is fantastic but I think Barbados is as near to perfection as you can get.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Having been to Dom republic quite a few times and Mexico, we decided for a change its either Cuba or Jamaica

Well i have not been to those two but i have spoken to quite a few people that have been to the Dom Republic, all preferred Cuba.
Cuba has the lowest crime rate in the whole of the Western hemisphere, and you could go anywhere day or night.
Montego Bay and the trips were lovely but because i got a last minute cheap deal i grabbed a really good hotel, above what i paid, so i was lucky

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Have only spent any significant time in Barbados and Grenada. Would certainly recommend the latter strongly, due to the fact that I felt Barbados had lost a little charm. Had my Mini Moke nicked from outside a club, meant a long, long walk home.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Negril.
By far the best beach anywhere.
Take a look at Sunset at the Palms, smaller AI Hotel. Thoroughly recommended.

I went to Sandals Negril but many years ago.
I agree, fabulous beach, vibe with all that Reggae and Lovers Rock with rum based cocktails as the sun goes down.
Jamaicans come across as a bit miserable and up themselves but it's more to do with being totally laid back than rude.
Had some fabulous food, Red Stripe and rum this and rum that.
Only 1 thing, Negril is at the end of Jamaica, so travelling to any tourist places can be a long drawn out affair.
I remember going to a restaurant/ cafe of which I cannot remember the name but it's quite famous, it was high up on a cliff great sunset, live reggae, stank of cannabis, great night out.

Jan 19, 2011
i believe the cafe on the cliff you are referring to is Ricks Cafe, famous for cliff diving.
Negril is fantastic, best beaches by far and Sunset at the Palms is a great place to stay. Loved it and will be going back.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I love Jamaica, been twice to runaway Bay and going back again next year.

However that was as a family. Not sure what an adults only group trip would be like. May be best sticking to ocho rios or mo Bay. Certainly the north of the island is calmer, most of the naughty boys are found at Kingston and the South

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
i believe the cafe on the cliff you are referring to is Ricks Cafe, famous for cliff diving.
Negril is fantastic, best beaches by far and Sunset at the Palms is a great place to stay. Loved it and will be going back.

Yep, Ricks, that was the one. Certainly worth visiting, although I forgot the name its one of those places you never forget that you visited.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
It depends what you are looking for. I went to Jamaica early 90s and it was fantastic, clubbing with locals, toured most of the island, only Kingston was classed as a no go. I went back a few years ago and felt that it would be dangerous to go out of the hotel. Extortionate prices for excursions. I do not know if this is an impression or reality. If you want to chill in an all inclusive no problem,but if you 'll
Like exploring maybe try another destination.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I've certainly had no fears going out if the Hotels in either Runaway Bay nor Negril
.....and I look nothing like my avatar photo.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
We went to Runaway bay last August, amazing place, it is not as unsafe as some will say / make out, we had an incredible holiday (also our son got married out there at the same time) it is VERY hot, but plenty of air conditioning, a great holiday :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here