Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sitting in the home end at away matches

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
After seeing comments on the Cardiff roll call thread and on others before, would you sit in the home end at away matches with your opposition supporting mates ?

Not for me, I can manage without their company for an hour.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
After seeing comments on the Cardiff roll call thread and on others before, would you sit in the home end at away matches with your opposition supporting mates ?

Not for me, I can manage without their company for an hour.

Ah; you must be one of those folk who leave after their half time beer then. :wink:

I've sat in the home end with a mate precisely twice; and hated both times - once we lost and I had the piss taken out of me for the entire second half as well as in the pub afterwards (the pub bit is only to be expected, but could have done without the piss-taking in the game); once we won and I got pushed over from behind when they realised that I was an Albion fan. Where's the fun in any of that?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The only legitimate reason to sit in the home end is if you can't get a ticket in the away end.

Agreed. I've been to games with mates who support the other side - we spend pre- and post-match with each other but you watch the match with your own. I don't understand why you'd not.

The only home end I've done is Spurs away in the Cup, precisely for the reason you state. I was second row right in the corner that Keane ran to when he scored his absolute corker to knock us out. My cover was blown at that point.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yep, always with my own kind. I did do Southampton as a family group once, but only because tickets in the away end were like rocking horse sh1t.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Done it twice at Southampton - You cant get actively involved in the game and support the team - rather stay at home with Radio Sussex jumping up and down on the sofa

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
The only legitimate reason to sit in the home end is if you can't get a ticket in the away end.

I learnt that lesson when I witnessed the 5-0 from the Holmesdale end.......:nono:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
Did it at West Ham the day we got hammered. Went with brother in law whose a big Hammers fan. A horrible experience, will not be doing it again.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Sat within the Hammers section when we lost 3-0 in the FACup around 10 years ago.

Hated every moment of it so will not be repeating unless absolutely necessary

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014

I couldn't get tickets in the away end at Fulham this season. Took my son and grandson and sat with a friend who got the tickets. Very enjoyable considering the result but the Fulham fans are very polite and never had any hassle at all.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011
I sat in the home end a couple of years ago at Nottingham Forest with the brother in law .... all was going so well, I was incognito and pulling a blinder .... right up to the point that Ankergren let the pea roller shot pass between his legs mmmmmmmm cover blown and piss taken

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Loads of times in the 80s , last occasion I cash remember was Luton in the heady days of the JPTa few seasons ago , but there were plenty of us so still enjoyable.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
I sat in the home end a couple of years ago at Nottingham Forest with the brother in law .... all was going so well, I was incognito and pulling a blinder .... right up to the point that Ankergren let the pea roller shot pass between his legs mmmmmmmm cover blown and piss taken

This is it....I don't want to be incognito, I want to be supporting my team. Imagine trying to be silent so that nobody can hear your accent at northern matches...Elland Road anyone ?

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
3 times for me (if no. 3 counts!):

1. At West Ham for a ZDS Cup game in 1991 - went with a Hammers supporting mate who had a spare ticket. We lost 2-0. Mike Small played for West Ham that night.

2. At QPR a couple of seasons ago for the 0-0. A client of mine had a spare ticket and we had sold out.

3. At Selhurst for the McShane 1-0. Was in the hospitality boxes above 'that' goal. It wasn't until we scored that night that it was realised how many Albion were up there. Quite a few people (including myself) were, let's say, very animated!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here