Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barber on Radio 5 at the moment

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
talking about kids sport, they had some horror stories about pushy parents and parents just being ********s.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My stepson is in charge of the youth team logistics for a PL club and the parents are a complete pain to deal with.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Funny this should come up. I saw a Twitter account the other day which purports to be in the name of some kid, think he was about eight or nine. He trains with the Albion's age group sides, as well as playing for a local team. His Dad is a massive supporter of a certain Premier League side, and obviously does the tweets from his son's account.

Every one is either bigging up the boy, posting videos of his football skills, or trying to attract the action of said Premier League club & their fans. Sometimes it's "The other kids all tried to kick me today because they know I'm just too good", other times, it's "Hey, xxxx FC fans, check out my skills, I'm going to play for xxxx one day", or relentless videos of him training (or scoring 15 goals in a game against demoralised weaker sides).

Absolutely no harm in a child having dreams of course, but history is littered with kids who've been goal machines at nine years old, and who've completely fallen out of love with the game. I found the whole Twitter account thing in this child's name deeply uncomfortable. I hope Dad's not trying too hard to live his own dreams out through his son.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My parents didn't push me enough. I could have played for England some* say. And I was a goal machine**

*drunks
** On International Football, Commodore 64

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
talking about kids sport, they had some horror stories about pushy parents and parents just being ********s.

Has he finished talking yet?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My parents didn't push me enough. I could have played for England some* say. And I was a goal machine**

*drunks
** On International Football, Commodore 64

Commodore 64 is an age defining reference :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Ow,er,um I'm a RETRO gamer.....? :) Honestly I listen to One-Way and Harry Styles is my favourite...

:thumbsup: I was brought up on computers like the 64, the Commodore PET, BBC Micro and the Spectrum of course. Happy days.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yep, just now.

I find myself more interested and in agreement with that lunatic at Leeds these days; which says a lot about how I feel towards Barber.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
:thumbsup: I was brought up on computers like the 64, the Commodore PET, BBC Micro and the Spectrum of course. Happy days.

Got Manic Miner on my iPhone Apps! Something therapeutic with only left right and jump as controls. No double triangle, circle and lower left together to drop an opponent ;) Happy days as you say!

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Funny this should come up. I saw a Twitter account the other day which purports to be in the name of some kid, think he was about eight or nine. He trains with the Albion's age group sides, as well as playing for a local team. His Dad is a massive supporter of a certain Premier League side, and obviously does the tweets from his son's account.

Every one is either bigging up the boy, posting videos of his football skills, or trying to attract the action of said Premier League club & their fans. Sometimes it's "The other kids all tried to kick me today because they know I'm just too good", other times, it's "Hey, xxxx FC fans, check out my skills, I'm going to play for xxxx one day", or relentless videos of him training (or scoring 15 goals in a game against demoralised weaker sides).

Absolutely no harm in a child having dreams of course, but history is littered with kids who've been goal machines at nine years old, and who've completely fallen out of love with the game. I found the whole Twitter account thing in this child's name deeply uncomfortable. I hope Dad's not trying too hard to live his own dreams out through his son.

I saw that, did you notice the kids name? :facepalm:

I often wonder if these type of kids know how to pass a ball so a teammate can score, or it's all about them banging in the goals.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I find myself more interested and in agreement with that lunatic at Leeds these days; which says a lot about how I feel towards Barber.

Why the animosity towards Barber? He is working under instruction from Tony Bloom. Nothing he does is without Tony's blessing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here