Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One for the Friday night drinking peeps

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Does anyone else re-arrange/hide the recycling beer bottles and cans every fortnight when
they go at the front of the house so it looks like you've drunk less than
you have? A sort of "I hope to gawd the neighbours don't see that. I know, I'll
hide five empty tinnies under a detergent bottle"

I don't - but a friend of mine does :)

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
The wife has me going to Tesco to drop off bottles between collections as she can't stand the shame of all the wine and beer bottles. The trouble is we are now alcohol free midweek but as we are drinking zero alcohol drinks like Becks Blue the bottle count is the same and looks the same!

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
The wife has me going to Tesco to drop off bottles between collections as she can't stand the shame of all the wine and beer bottles. The trouble is we are now alcohol free midweek but as we are drinking zero alcohol drinks like Becks Blue the bottle count is the same and looks the same!

I've been known to do the same.......errrr, I, I mean my *friend* has.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Never hidden it but our recycling was overflowing in the summer and at Christmas when we both drank a lot and had loads of people round for BBGs / Xmas drinkies. A couple of notable exceptions apart we have not drunk in the house since January. It must be confusing the shit out of the neighbours, or maybe they think we've joined the AA.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How can people see what you've drunk unless they've opened your bins?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How can people see what you've drunk unless they've opened your bins?

I was wondering this! Surely no one is filling their recycling bins so they overflow ?

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I can't stop myself arranging the more expensive bottles of wine on the top of the pile with label showing. Even though I'm sure nobody has ever looked in there.
At the moment 8 days since collection there are only 2 bottles in there, just doesn't seem right. Following the @ Guiness Boy approach to this years marathon. Exceptions are this weekend and the Leeds game Monday week. :drink:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The recycling bins where we live are open bins.

Ah, gotcha. We have wheelie bins up here, which is why I was confused.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
We have some communal blue top wheelie bins where I am. I use a massive fabric bag for life that I use indoors and empty it out into the bins every week. Last week we FILLED the bag with empty wine bottles and crushed strongbow cans to save space.

My neighbours must think we're alcoholics.

Especially when I empty it into the recycling bins.

Empty cans and bottles are not quiet to empty. Makes a right old racket. At 6.40am when I leave for work. They must hate me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here