Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team for Cardiff

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully back to a more familiar 442 formation for this game. Here is my guess:

Stockdale
Bruno-Dunk-Goldson-Rosenior
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Murphy
Hemed-Zamora

Subs: Calderon, Maenpaa, Lualua, Skalak, Baldock, Wilson, Sidwell

ryans father

Jul 19, 2005
East Sheen SW14
Hopefully back to a more familiar 442 formation for this game. Here is my guess:

Stockdale
Bruno-Dunk-Goldson-Rosenior
Knockaert-Stephens-Kayal-Murphy
Hemed-Zamora

Subs: Calderon, Maenpaa, Lualua, Skalak, Baldock, Wilson, Sidwell

I suspect Rosenoir will remain on the bench for another match and Croats will be on the bench instead of one of the front men probably Baldock or Skalak.

Strong looking team and bench though.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Have a feeling Baldock may start alongside Hemed.

I also thought Sidwell was superb last night and Saturday may see him replace Kayal (he's obviously carrying a slight niggle)

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I'd like to see Skalak thrown in playing just off Zamora. Lots of pace in that side. Swap Bobby for Hemed after 60 mins probably, and maybe Lua Lua for Skalak and move Murphy more central.

Stockdale
Bruno - Dunk - Goldson - Rosenior
Stephens - Kayal
Knockaert - Skalak - Murphy
Zamora​

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Calderon

Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
LuaLua

Wilson
Hemed

Subs : Maenpaa, Rosenior, Crofts, Kayal, Skalak, Murphy, Zamora

Last edited:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Have a feeling Baldock may start alongside Hemed.

I also thought Sidwell was superb last night and Saturday may see him replace Kayal (he's obviously carrying a slight niggle)
Last night was the first time I thought that Kayal actually wanted to come off and he looked as if he was labouring at times. I can see Sidwell replacing him and Zamora coming back in a 442.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Now is when we really need to use Sidwell for best effect. I'm firmly in the camp of Kayal being our best player so far this season. If he's carrying a knock though then he needs resting, now that we have the luxury of a quality replacement. Even if the knock is nothing and he could play, some rest time would do him the world of good at this point in the season. A fit and fully refreshed Kayal for the business end of the season, rather than a tired one, is like an ace up our sleeve. I'd go with this:

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Calderon

Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
Murphy

Wilson
Zamora

Subs : Maenpaa, Rosenior, Crofts, Kayal, Skalak, Lua Lua, Hemed.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Calde

Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
LuaLua

Baldock
Hemed

Subs : Maenpaa, Rosenior, Crofts, Wilson, Skalak, Murphy, Zamora

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7290228 said:
Stockdale
Stephens - Kayal
Knockaert - Skalak - Murphy
Zamora​
I would sorely like to see CH play this formation on Saturday. Not only would it completely take Cardiff by surprise but it would be fascinating. Although I'd play Sidwell to rest Kayal if the latter isn't 100%.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
That's a good looking side.

But I think Calde will get one more game and Sidwell will play if Kayal is anything less than 100%

Agreed:

Stocko

Bruno Goldson Dunk Calde

Crofts Sidwell Stephens

Knockaert Hemed Murphy

Then, when we've killed the game, bring on Kaz and Skalak. 2-0, job done, get the hell out of Dodge.

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
Stockdale
Stephens - Kayal
Knockaert - Cofts - LuaLua
Zamora

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Now is when we really need to use Sidwell for best effect. I'm firmly in the camp of Kayal being our best player so far this season. If he's carrying a knock though then he needs resting, now that we have the luxury of a quality replacement. Even if the knock is nothing and he could play, some rest time would do him the world of good at this point in the season. A fit and fully refreshed Kayal for the business end of the season, rather than a tired one, is like an ace up our sleeve. I'd go with this:

Stockdale

Bruno
Dunk
Goldson
Calderon

Knockaert
Sidwell
Stephens
Murphy

Wilson
Zamora

Subs : Maenpaa, Rosenior, Crofts, Kayal, Skalak, Lua Lua, Hemed.
That for me - IF WILSON'S FIT! If we don't need subs for urgent tactical reasons, Rosenior on for Calde for the last 20 minutes. And do we need Crofts AND Kayal on the bench? - better to put one of the U21s there for the experience, I would have thought.

Hughton

Feb 13, 2016
I was critical off Murphy and am happy to eat my own words the last few home game regardless of his scoring he has seemed a different player, since knockaert joined coincidence maybe but keep it up lad! I take it all back!

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Back to 4-4-2. We need to win this game. 4-5-1 served a purpose against Hull where it was very important we did not lose. But if we are looking at the top two, we need to fancy ourselves here.

------------------ Stockdale -------------------
Bruno ----- Goldson ----- Dunk ---- Calde
Knockaert - Stephens - Kayal - Murphy
-------------- Zamora - Hemed -------------

Last edited:

Saturn

Vicarious
Feb 11, 2016
We have played 4-4-2 in almost every away game this season and have won 4/15 away games. Too many draws where we should be going out for the jugular (and the 3pts), so I’m in favour of changing it up. Our 4-4-2 has proven difficult to beat, but we we’ve also found it difficult to win with on the road.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Same 11 as at Hull.

Cardiff unbeaten in 11 at home, will be a tough ask to get anything in my opinion.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
We have played 4-4-2 in almost every away game this season and have won 4/15 away games. Too many draws where we should be going out for the jugular (and the 3pts), so I’m in favour of changing it up. Our 4-4-2 has proven difficult to beat, but we we’ve also found it difficult to win with on the road.

But our 4-4-2 is in great form at the moment. With Knockaert and Murphy both playing superb in the system, I see no reason why we can't do that away?

Stumpy Tim

Stockdale
Bruno - Dunk - Goldson - Calderon
Knockaert - Stephens - Sidwell - Murphy
Wilson - Hemed

Subs:Maenpaa, Lualua, Skalak, Baldock, Zamora, Kayal, Calderon

I suspect Kayal will have a break given Sidwell played so well at Hull. Wouldn't be surprised to see Wilson (or Baldock) start to give a bit of pace on the break

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here