Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Married at first sight...

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
All the guys on my Rowing Team just had this through:

Married at first site is a ground breaking social experiment that we film for Channel4. In the eperiment single people will be matched through Science with their ideal partnet, and the top 4 most compatible couples will get married... The wedding the honeymoon and the early stages of married life will be filmed....

So they are trying to get us to sign up to this nonsence but my whole issue with it apart from the whole thing sounding a tad crazy is how vague this matching is going to be done... "science"....

Spider

Sep 15, 2007

Married at first site is a ground breaking social experiment that we film for Channel4. In the eperiment single people will be matched through Science with their ideal partnet, and the top 4 most compatible couples will get married... The wedding the honeymoon and the early stages of married life will be filmed....

So they are trying to get us to sign up to this nonsence but my whole issue with it apart from the whole thing sounding a tad crazy is how vague this matching is going to be done... "science"....

There was already a series of this on last year. You're right to be suspicious of the 'science' involved - it was complete nonsense and failed to distract from the fact that it was a mildly disturbing piece of reality fluff. Mind you, one of the women on it last time was extremely attractive, so you never know...

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Sure I saw something like this around 15/20 years ago. Couple had never met and got married. They were given a car, decent holiday, money to mortgage etc, as long as they remained together for a time period( 18 months iirc) . Never lasted that long

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
There was already a series of this on last year. You're right to be suspicious of the 'science' involved - it was complete nonsense and failed to distract from the fact that it was a mildly disturbing piece of reality fluff. Mind you, one of the women on it last time was extremely attractive, so you never know...

Yep. Series is still available to watch online as well http://www.channel4.com/programmes/married-at-first-sight/on-demand

From what I remember the matching part was a bit flaky with a handful of relationship experts deciding who fitted with who.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Watch out for the sequel - "Car keys on the coffee table"

A documentary where married couples who are not happy with their spouse go to "parties" for a random shag fest with a stranger.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Married at first site is a ground breaking social experiment that we film for Channel4. In the eperiment single people will be matched through Science with their ideal partnet, and the top 4 most compatible couples will get married... The wedding the honeymoon and the early stages of married life will be filmed........

Free shag, free holiday, all expenses paid, with an opt out after five weeks. Yeh, you're right, sounds like a lousy deal..................

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I wish that science was responsible for my marriage.

At least I'd have some Beaker to hold responsible rather than just my own ineptitude.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
From memory, one of the couples last year had a great time at the wedding & first night, seemed to be getting on very well...then the conversation dried up a bit, and she found out from one of her friends that he'd put himself on an internet dating site within weeks of marrying her :lol:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
From memory, one of the couples last year had a great time at the wedding & first night, seemed to be getting on very well...then the conversation dried up a bit, and she found out from one of her friends that he'd put himself on an internet dating site within weeks of marrying her :lol:

Exactly. Free shag, free holiday, all expenses paid, with an opt out after five weeks. No brainer!

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Sure I saw something like this around 15/20 years ago. Couple had never met and got married. They were given a car, decent holiday, money to mortgage etc, as long as they remained together for a time period( 18 months iirc) . Never lasted that long

IIRC, wasn't it done on Radio, with Jeremy Kyle hosting it, and he ended up marrying the woman from it?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here