Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BT Sports 'free' games

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Juventus v Bayern Munich last-16 first leg will be free-to-air on BT Sport Showcase (Freeview channel number 59), as will Borussia Dortmund v Porto and Gary Neville's Valencia taking on Rapid Vienna

Juventus and Bayern Munich are set to collide in a huge UEFA Champions League last-16 tie and you can watch the first leg exclusively live for FREE on BT Sport Showcase.

The meeting of the Italian and German champions, who have seven European titles between them, will be available for anyone to watch on Freeview channel 59 on Tuesday, February 23rd from 7pm.

Last year’s runners-up have hit peak form in recent weeks after a shaky start to the campaign and Pep Guardiola’s men will need to be at their brilliant best to secure a positive result to take back to Bavaria.

But before that heavyweight showdown, we will also be showing two crunch UEFA Europa League last-32 first-leg tussles for free on the same channel on Thursday, February 18th.

First up we check in on Borussia Dortmund, one of the hot favourites to win the competition, as they take on 2003 winners Porto at the Westfalenstadion from 6pm.

Then our attention shifts to Gary Neville’s Valencia as they aim to salvage their flagging season with a strong run in Europe’s second competition.

Los Che dropped out of the UEFA Champions League after the Englishman’s first game in charge ended in a shock defeat to Lyon, but a two-legged clash with Rapid Vienna offers a tangible chance for progress.

And after securing his first La Liga win at the tenth time of asking last weekend, Neville will expect his side to build a solid lead over the Austrians in a game which kicks off at 8pm at the Mestalla.

The games, which will be available for anyone to watch on Freeview channel 59, are just three of 12 UEFA Champions League and 14 UEFA Europa League games BT Sport will be making free-to-air this season.

Every British team involved in continental combat – Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United, Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham – will feature at least once on BT Sport Showcase during the season.

-------------------
Probably won't want to leave showing a Chelsea or Arsenal game for too long......

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Thanks. Had a feeling they had to show every English club. So if they've missed Man Utd, at what point do they have to show the others? Could they wait until the final at which point just say 'Oh dear all the teams have been knocked out'?

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I believe BT have to show so many Champ League games free to air. Have I missed them?

Don't expect many freebies from either BT or the staff of the Railway Belle as they are bar stewards however in the case of the Railway Belle ( or other pubs ) staff they, however, are professional and interested in customer service.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
I don't think they have to show any games free. They are choosing to do so.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
It's purely anecdotal so probably has little value but I've really noticed a lack of interest in the CL amongst the football fans I know this year.

Without the fairly frequent reminders that used to be broadcast on Sky/ITV most have just forgotten when matches are going on. If nothing else, it shows that BT don't seem to be very good at getting the word out regarding upcoming coverage.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here