Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney out for 2 Months.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
If Wilson cant cope with regular games here for whatever reason he wont be the answer for United

Correct I reckon. Nowhere near ready for PL from a fitness perspective alone. If he's fully fit and banging in loads we might lose him for the last few weeks though.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So in other words Rooney does not want to be associated with a poor Manchester United and the Europa Cup is way below his level, not even bothered if he plays in the summer or not, he is past his best and previous performances in Cups for England has been embarrassing, he gets what he wants, like his Man U contract, nothing more than a spoilt kid, we have some great young players which Rooney is holding back for England. I hate these undroppable England players, like John Barnes for example.
Best to leave him at home to sort his syrup out.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
No.
But it will mean that England will have a decently rested skipper at the Euros this summer

I don't see why United will want him back this season. He is injured at the moment anyway, and even when fit only seems to make cameo appearances, ususally off the bench.

I wouldn't be too surprised to see them let him go for good this summer. I don't think that he is the answer for them.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
So in other words Rooney does not want to be associated with a poor Manchester United and the Europa Cup is way below his level, not even bothered if he plays in the summer or not, he is past his best and previous performances in Cups for England has been embarrassing, he gets what he wants, like his Man U contract, nothing more than a spoilt kid, we have some great young players which Rooney is holding back for England. I hate these undroppable England players, like John Barnes for example.

I don't know if you noticed, but John Barnes was dropped some time ago. But I know whnat you mean, there does seem to be an England clique that is so difficult to break into.

I also agree that Rooney is well past his best, and come the big tournaments, the ones that really matter, he seems to go awol, underperforms, or is out injured. Doubtless he will be there for the Euro finals in the summer, but after that, and as well build for the next World Cup, it's time for fresh faces.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

You managed to get that from the opening post? Not sure if that's insightful or batshit insane.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I dont belive he will start for united. However he will potentially been needed for cover. They only have Martial as a recognised first choicestriker. Keane has gone back so he can provide some cover, But they have let powell go out on loan to hull. So it leaves them with 2 plus potentially another youngster and Fellani.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I think we may now know the real reason Wilson wasn't in the squad last night.......

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If he ever was. If ever there was a player who flattered to deceive it was Rooney. A player who showed so much promise, but when it came down to the nitty-gritty, always went missing when it really mattered.

:lolol:......... As his goal scoring record for Man U and for England confirms

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think he has scored 4 goals at the Euro Finals in 2004, and just 1 goal in the World Cup Finals. I think the frustrating thing is that he is potentially very good, but has never produced it internationally at the very highest level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here