Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connor Goldson Official Fan Club opening

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I had a good feeling about Connor when we signed him. But how he has conducted himself at the club…….just wow.

So he’s stuck in the reserves while we go on the great run, very much at the back of the queue.

Then when he gets his chance he absolutely smashes it. There’s a setback against Wolves but it doesn’t phase him. He just gets on with making the jump from L2 to the top of Championship look as easy as Katie Price.

I’ve seen so many players over the years whine about not getting opportunities (Elvis the latest example), but Connor has shown them how it’s done. Simply come in and nail it. If you do that, there’s no debate to be had.

It’s quite possible he will experience a dip in form but I doubt it’ll be that bad because it’s all there with Connor.

I think we have a £10m player on our hands who will no doubt play in the Premier League, hopefully with us. Tyrone Mings went for that kind of money so why not Connor?

As you maybe able to tell I may have developed some kind of man crush on Connor, so I should stop now.
But consider the Connor Goldson Fan Club officially opened for business.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I think there was general confidence in him when he signed, it's funny how sometimes you can just sense that someone is going to be a good player. He's good with his feet, he scored plenty of goals for Shrewsbury so he has the potential to be a threat at set pieces and I haven't seen anything to suggest he's particularly sluggish - he looks a very good player and he deserves a lot of respect for biding his time, bedding into the squad and then taking his chance. First choice centre back for me now, it's a question of who partners him when all are fit.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I had a good feeling about Connor when we signed him. But how he has conducted himself at the club…….just wow.

So he’s stuck in the reserves while we go on the great run, very much at the back of the queue.

Then when he gets his chance he absolutely smashes it. There’s a setback against Wolves but it doesn’t phase him. He just gets on with making the jump from L2 to the top of Championship look as easy as Katie Price.

I’ve seen so many players over the years whine about not getting opportunities (Elvis the latest example), but Connor has shown them how it’s done. Simply come in and nail it. If you do that, there’s no debate to be had.

It’s quite possible he will experience a dip in form but I doubt it’ll be that bad because it’s all there with Connor.

I think we have a £10m player on our hands who will no doubt play in the Premier League, hopefully with us. Tyrone Mings went for that kind of money so why not Connor?

As you maybe able to tell I may have developed some kind of man crush on Connor, so I should stop now.

It's a bit early to stick a price on his head but a big THIS to all the rest.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Whoever spotted him needs a payrise.

With respect, he wasn't exactly a hidden gem. He was in the League 2 team of the year last season, everyone in the game would have been aware of him and now we've seen him play, he must have been an obvious slam dunk for all scouts. The person who deserves respect isn't the guy who scouted him, but the guy who got him to sign on the dotted line.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Superb signing - young, talented and a good attitude... I think we could be on to a winner with a Dunk/ Goldson partnership

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

I will sign up and pay my subscription because I too think we have an England International in the making with Goldson

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Love him, Him and Dunk should both be very proud of themselves with how they have played in the last few weeks, they have a lot of responsibility on both of their shoulders, but it has been brilliant to see how well Goldson has done. Hopefully his form continues. If Cook and Elphick can make a step up, there is no reason why Dunk and Goldson couldn't do exactly the same.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
With respect, he wasn't exactly a hidden gem. He was in the League 2 team of the year last season, everyone in the game would have been aware of him and now we've seen him play, he must have been an obvious slam dunk for all scouts. The person who deserves respect isn't the guy who scouted him, but the guy who got him to sign on the dotted line.

Fair enough according to Byrne he chose us over Swansea as well!

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I believe he was also captain at Shrewsbury. That says a lot at such a young age. Premier league bound with or without us.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He's been excellent so far, even taking into account his OG against Wolves. Heskey gave him a very different challenge at the weekend, and it was one that tested him on a lot of occasions, but if he can continue to learn from all of these experiences then it'll no doubt stand him in good stead if, or probably when, he starts playing Premiership football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It doesn't matter whether they are through the ranks or bought in, it seems like the Albion have always had rock solid centre halfs.
Even the crap ones from right back in the day, still manage to find their place.

Goldson looks like he's been playing the game for years.
He was even venturing up field in the second half v Bolton.

Remember folks him and Dunk have a combined age of just 47, with Lewis being only one year older.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Yep I'm in this club.

The best footballers make playing football look easy, and Connor does this in spades. People rave about John Stones as a footballing Centre Back, and Connor has this too. A couple of times he has stepped out of defence with the ball and started attacks, and has looked good doing it. He knows when to go and when to stay, and when to pass and when he can attack.

If he can chip in with a few goals per season he will be gold dust (pun intended). I can see him popping up with at least one vital one before the season ends.

We currently have 4 quality central defenders, and that is a good thing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here