Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

American Express

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Just wondering who else on here works for American Express in Brighton? I've just been offered a job there after 18 months of being off sick - delighted is an understatement. Anyone on here have any tips or useful knowledge of decent pubs/cafes locally, or can let me know what the atmosphere is like?!?!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just wondering who else on here works for American Express in Brighton? I've just been offered a job there after 18 months of being off sick - delighted is an understatement. Anyone on here have any tips or useful knowledge of decent pubs/cafes locally, or can let me know what the atmosphere is like?!?!

My girlfriends mum worked there for 20 years before being made redundant and she really enjoyed it on the whole. Now working for smaller companies and hating it.

Well done though and good luck

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Congratulations [MENTION=21578]Worthingite[/MENTION], you must be completely over the moon. Nice one! My son and his g/f both worked at Amex a couple of years back. Having both come from a call centre background, one of the crummier ones in central Brighton that went bust owing a lot of kids who could least afford it a months wages, they were delighted to finally be treated as valued adults by Amex. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire

Go for it. Great company to work for as long as your prepared to graft for them they can be a very rewarding company to work for. Good luck !

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Plenty of space in your locker/fridges for tins and mixers. :clap2:

The canteen is very good on the 6th floor, there's an outdoor terrace up there which is LOVELY in the summer.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Congrats - after 18 months off that is excellent work.

I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but just to warn you... My brother worked there for a number of years (10+) and just put his notice in. They've recently had some news about huge budget cuts and redundancies are on the cards (half of the department my brother was working for have just been let go and more coming). My brother managed to get a new job before he was affected.

He absolutely loved his time there though and has been well looked after. He wouldn't have left if he didn't see the writing on the wall. It sounds like it's going to be a tough time for Amex going forward.

Last edited:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
PM sent, I am based in the 1 John Street office and have worked for Amex for around 10 years now.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Congrats! My other half worked there for a couple of years. Very good opportunities for career progression. Clear goals. Pretty decent bonus programs. All round pretty decent. PM me if you have any specific questions!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I've heard good things, I've heard bad things as with most companies it's down to the individual and the role they have not he company. Well done though and good luck.

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Plenty of space in your locker/fridges for tins and mixers. :clap2:

The canteen is very good on the 6th floor, there's an outdoor terrace up there which is LOVELY in the summer.

This sounds like a green light to be running a mini bar from my locker IMO.....

All seriousness, thanks for the support chaps - those of you who know a bit about my history know how pleasing this is, and I can't wait to start learning and getting on with life again!!!

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This sounds like a green light to be running a mini bar from my locker IMO.....

All seriousness, thanks for the support chaps - those of you who know a bit about my history know how pleasing this is, and I can't wait to start learning and getting on with life again!!!

You wouldn't be the only one. :eek:

You deserve this opportunity, you have a lot to offer the company and there's plenty of room for development and progression as required. :thumbsup:

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I've worked there for nigh-on 9 years now and enjoy working there. It's a good employer with solid benefits and loads of opportunities to develop within the company. In 9 years, I've had 7 roles and each one of them was a positive progression (if not a promotion as such). You'll like it. Congratulations and good luck!

Worthingite

Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Well this morning is the morning. Eighteen months after last doing the getting up for work thing!!!! Excited and terrified all in one!!!!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here