Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pub near Borough Market for watching Cardiff game.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
As I am up in town for the weekend, where is the best place near Borough Market to watch the game Saturday lunchtime.... I normally like to avoid the blatant sports bars, but I am sure there is something appropriate that the 'oracles' of nsc can recommend.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Don't forget Arsenal v Hull is on at the same time.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Both Old Kings Head and the Heeltap (opposite the George) will have it on might not have the sound on though. Former all most certainly won't latter possibly will.

Old Thameside Inn used to have sky....haven't been in there for a while so don't know if it still does. Know a mate watched Leeds in there at Christmas so I assume it still does.

Blue Eyed Maid shows sport but only seem to advertise Champions League and six nations when I was in there the other day so may only have BT Sport. I expect Bellushis has Sky but never have been in. The Ship further down the road towards Elephant does have sky and I'm sure they'll put it on for you.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Try the Wheatsheaf in the Market (this is not 'the sheaf' that [MENTION=22870]CPFC G[/MENTION] refers to, which is also worth a look.) There's a screen in the outside area that might show it. They have been showing Six Nations, but as there's a break this weekend, they may well show the game.

http://www.wheatsheafborough.co.uk/home

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
As I am up in town for the weekend, where is the best place near Borough Market to watch the game Saturday lunchtime.... I normally like to avoid the blatant sports bars, but I am sure there is something appropriate that the 'oracles' of nsc can recommend.

This is my proverbial home area.

The pubs around that area will be full of Millwall fans because they are at home on the same day, so most bars you won't be able to hear the sound. You could walk 20 minutes to the Doggits pub on Blackfriars Bridge which should be Millwall fans free as there are no direct trains from Blackfriars area to The Den

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
This is my proverbial home area.

The pubs around that area will be full of Millwall fans because they are at home on the same day, so most bars you won't be able to hear the sound. You could walk 20 minutes to the Doggits pub on Blackfriars Bridge which should be Millwall fans free as there are no direct trains from Blackfriars area to The Den
Does that make it a complete no go zone then?.... never went there pre match when up at the Den new or old, just passed through a few times.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Does that make it a complete no go zone then?.... never went there pre match when up at the Den new or old, just passed through a few times.

The Old Kings Head is the busiest of Millwall Pubs as will some of the ones in and around Borough Market itself. You can walk a bit away from the London Bridge area and you will find some bars showing the match but a lot of the old traditional bars around there have gone all ''Gastro Bistro''.

The Doggits is only 20 minutes walk and that shows sport in certain parts of the bar. It also has a restaurant for lunch and I always call it the cheap mans Oxo Tower

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
The Old Kings Head is the busiest of Millwall Pubs as will some of the ones in and around Borough Market itself. You can walk a bit away from the London Bridge area and you will find some bars showing the match but a lot of the old traditional bars around there have gone all ''Gastro Bistro''.

The Doggits is only 20 minutes walk and that shows sport in certain parts of the bar. It also has a restaurant for lunch and I always call it the cheap mans Oxo Tower

Doggett's Coat and Badge is actually a 15 minute very pleasant stroll along the river from Borough market. They have a sports bar on one level and should be showing both TV matches, but it might be wise to call and check.

PG

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Always found The Bunch of Grapes to be more Millwall on a match day than the OKH. OKH seems to have the same clientele

Used to work opposite Doggetts and it was a rare bread as it is a pub in the centre of town that has a beer garden (front and back!) so would frequent it regularly in the summer. Staff are or certainly were frigging useless in there. Possibly one of the oddest pubs layout wise I think I've ever been in. Had forgotten about it to be honest. As [MENTION=3018]Peter Grummit[/MENTION] says check before going as they don't always open that floor.

Forgot about the Rose And Crown just off Southwark Bridge Road, they have Sky I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here