Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Range Rovers

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

What is it with the number of range rovers around here lately. How are people affording these vehicles and is there really any need for such a big vehicle unless you live on a farm?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
As Alexei Sayle once said: "I do think 4-wheel drive is so essential when popping down to Sainsburys!"

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
What is it with the number of range rovers around here lately. How are people affording these vehicles and is there really any need for such a big vehicle unless you live on a farm?

We live in an affluent area.
They are a status symbol.
Some people can afford them. Most can't.
They aren't a working vehicle, just a luxury item.
What's really your point here?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I do chuckle when I see a brand new RR, which start at £75k, standing outside an ex council house whilst costing the owner about £500 per month on a PCP contract. That is money just being thrown away with no return, society's priorities seem a bit odd to me.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We talking full on Range Rovers or Evoques ?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
On a sample of 1

Sell very ordinary house in posh part of London - £4M tyvm

Buy mahoosive pad in Rottingdean - £1.8M

"What can we do with £2M and change" darling?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Adam Johnson has one and public school parents love them. Says it all...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I am always amazed by the number of petite young blondes driving these things, they must have sucked an awful lot of @@@@ for them.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
When 4 by 4s really took off in the 90s (remember bull bars everyone?!) my main gripe was I could no longer see through the car in front! That's still my main reason for disliking them today, nothing to do with status etc although if that was the objective is say many people have simply confirmed they can't drive or park properly as their 'status' judging by what I see regularly!

Nope 'if I had the money' I'd be driving a vintage car, something like a WW2 American 'willy' to away matches (take 2 days to get there mind!)

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Range Rovers are Alderly Edge than Alice Springs, wouldn't touch one for serious off roading,

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

The majority are probably bought on finance, which makes them affordable to a much greater number. Why do people buy them? Because they are great cars to drive, not to mention the fact that premium 4x4s/SUVs (Q7, Cayenne, XC90, Touareg, etc) are very popular and 'fashionable' at the moment.

Yes, they are very capable off-road, but I'm not sure they are ONLY designed for farmers. Everyone knows that the majority of them remain on tarmac (you can even buy mud stickers for them), but if I needed to go off-road, I'd rather be in a Range Rover than anything else.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Leon Knight had one I think. He had a booster seat installed though.

What's even worse is anyone who drives a Range Rover with a personalised number plate..................

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
I do chuckle when I see a brand new RR, which start at £75k, standing outside an ex council house whilst costing the owner about £500 per month on a PCP contract. That is money just being thrown away with no return, society's priorities seem a bit odd to me.

Societies priorities are cocaine I would assume if someone has a £75k car infront of a council house....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here