Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Our captain and leader.....But

Goldson and Dunk have been absolutely superb, arguably our centre half partnership for years to come.

The question is does Greer come back in when fit and if so who for ?

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Those two keep the shirts for me - no way back for GG or Uwe just now

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If Goldson is dropped it will be an utter disgrace, however he won't

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Our captain and leader.....But

Goldson and Dunk have been absolutely superb, arguably our centre half partnership for years to come.

The question is does Greer come back in when fit and if so who for ?

A very good question. I love GG to bits, as you say, our captain and leader, but with Dunk and Goldson cementing such a good partnership together, I'm seriously wondering if we will see him in a Brighton shirt again.

He is 35 and out of contract at the end of the season. I would be mega surprised if he was to be offered a new deal.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
He shouldn't come back into the starting 11, but it only takes an injury and he'll be needed again. He's still a good Championship CB despite his dip in form earlier in the season and I've no doubt he'll play again this season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A very good question. I love GG to bits, as you say, our captain and leader, but with Dunk and Goldson cementing such a good partnership together, I'm seriously wondering if we will see him in a Brighton shirt again.

He is 35 and out of contract at the end of the season. I would be mega surprised if he was to be offered a new deal.
Depends which division we are in. If we don't manage to go up, maybe a one year extension, but at the end of the day, age catches up with everyone.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Fantastic dilemma to have - suddenly we've gone from an unknown playing alongside a liability, to having two great prospects potentially keeping our captain (leader legend) out of the side.

Really useful squad depth at the business end of the season.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We can wheel him out to lift the trophy at the end of the season. Until then, a nice option to have on the bench.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Surely he will be looking for game time to cement his place in the Scotland squad for the Euro's ?

Oh wait..........

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Great celebration at the end of the match last night, shame everybody was singing to Zamora who was walking off at the same time.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I reckon Goldson and Uwe will be our partnership for years to come. I like the combo of old and young head, Greer's age will catch up with him and I reckon someone will be back in for Dunk in the summer.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Great celebration at the end of the match last night, shame everybody was singing to Zamora who was walking off at the same time.

I remember that. It was a bit of a shame we couldn't sing for the players who had just gone and beaten Bristol City 4-0! :shrug:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can't believe that we have quite seen the last of GG yet, but agree with everyone else, as good a leader as he undoubtably is, there is no place for him at the moment.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Anyone else notice GG spent most of last night with a hot water bottle attached to his calf ?

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
For a year or two now i've thought Glasgow Rangers would come in for him. Seems like a good fit to me, hence it's unlikely :)

Martlet

Jul 15, 2003
He's been a great pro and is still club captain. There's no way we should be writing him off.

This season has shown you need at least 4 class centre-backs. All of Greer, Dunk, Goldson and Uwe have been used (and played well generally), and if Dunk or Goldson had come a cropper over the past couple of months, we'd have really been up a certain creek without a paddle.

I'd be more than happy to see Greer as an influential squad member next year. He's no John Terry...

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd be delighted if he hung around playing a bit part for the next year or two until he retires. But we may need a new captain for next season if he isn't going to get the game time

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here