Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good to see Baldock back

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hughton will be pleased to have another striking option. I'd like to see Baldock with Zamora, Knockaert and KLL to see whether the lad really has what it takes.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Key player for the run in???

Knockaert yes, Sidwell yes, a fit Wilson yes. Not Baldock for me I'm afraid.

Great result tonight mind and it does no harm to have as many fit players available as possible.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
He will come good. He has the ability and the attitude to drive us on.

Sorry but time is running out for him - very lucky not to get sold off in the summer after last season s shambles - I think he get off lightly and was one of Burke's signings - let's hope he proves me wrong but I haven't seen it yet

W3 BHA

Nov 16, 2009
Baldock does no more than CMS - run about a lot with very little end product, except he doesn't have blond flowing locks, doesn't smile as much and doesn't applaud the fans as much! Whilst always giving my support to a member of the team I never feel, 'oh good, Baldock's in the team, that'll make a difference', or 'bring Baldock on as a sub - he'll change the game'. He may work hard, etc, etc but when Bobby, KLL, Knockeart et al are on the pitch you feel they may 'do' something. Not so with with Baldock, I'm afraid.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Sorry but time is running out for him - very lucky not to get sold off in the summer after last season s shambles - I think he get off lightly and was one of Burke's signings - let's hope he proves me wrong but I haven't seen it yet

As far as last season's shambles was concerned, we looked well on the way to turning it round until first Baldock, and then Texeirra got injured. Baldock - until he got injured - was doing a cracking job wide left.

He can also trap and control a ball. Cms couldn.................

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Not good enough, decent league one striker and that's it. If Murray comes in he will be gone.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Baldock does no more than CMS - run about a lot with very little end product, except he doesn't have blond flowing locks, doesn't smile as much and doesn't applaud the fans as much! Whilst always giving my support to a member of the team I never feel, 'oh good, Baldock's in the team, that'll make a difference', or 'bring Baldock on as a sub - he'll change the game'. He may work hard, etc, etc but when Bobby, KLL, Knockeart et al are on the pitch you feel they may 'do' something. Not so with with Baldock, I'm afraid.

I guess you could believe that, if you chose to ignore the start of this season Baldock had before he got injured

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Apart from CMS's first half a season here, I'd take Baldock over him all day long.

Baldock doesn't score enough goals, certainly, but he does make intelligent runs and creates space for others. His form was pivotal to the fine start to our season, imo.

I'm not expecting everyone to agree with me - he is as divisive as Ashley Barnes. Even if he scored just 5 more goals a season, he'd turn some of the doubters into backers.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Not one of Hughton's signings, and unlike, say, Stockdale or Stephens who also weren't, hasn't been a regular selection.

His remaining time with us looks a little limited.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Listening to WA last night, he said CH and CC were going mad at Baldock soon after he came on. Anyone at the match see what that was all about?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here