Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Broadband provider

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My deal with BT ran out last Monday and conincidentally my broad band pacje op un Friday unfortunately the earliest they can get an engineer in is Thurday. They told me it is a fault on the line but if it is external it will be repaired free. If it is within out house I will be charged £129. 3 questions.

1, Is the malfunction a co incidence? or could it be manipulated?
2. What is the likelihood the line fault will be external so at their expense.
3.....Who offers the best rate for unlimited broad band and unlimited calls irrespective of speed of broadband

Last edited:

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
With BT you can run a initial diagnostics yourself. At the bottom of the router will be the login details for the router. From there it can run a line test. Give you some indication. Change your filter, try different cables (if you have spares)
External faults do happen and BT should be able to diagnose them over the phone, they can run a line test from the exchange.
Don't know about 3. But from what I hear, they're all as bad as each other. Look at http://www.uswitch.com for the best deals in your area.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
My deal with BT ran out last Monday and conincidentally my broad band pacje op un Friday unfortunately the earliest they can get an engineer in is Thurdays. They told me it is a fault on the line but iof it is external it will be repaired free. If iot ios within out house I will be charged £129. 3 questions.

3.....Who offers the best rate for unlimited broad band and unlimited calls irrespective of speed of broadband
attachment.php

I had a similar issue a while ago.
If you have the new socket as per photo, you can take the cover off carefully and give it a clean, which I did...issue solved.
But BT did say, as you have mentioned it could be in/external problem, they offered to send me an internal engineer for free, as they were doing a trial offer at that time.
So you could ask for that?

Attachments

• NormalAppImage(1).png
    NormalAppImage(1).png
    10 KB · Views: 884

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Agree with the above, they are all as bad as each other. They're all fine when things are OK but generally rubbish when things go wrong

The best prices are switching offers so go somewhere like Uswitch and you'll see the best deals. but you will need to keep changing every 12 months or you get whacked.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
With BT you can run a initial diagnostics yourself. At the bottom of the router will be the login details for the router. From there it can run a line test. Give you some indication. Change your filter, try different cables (if you have spares)
External faults do happen and BT should be able to diagnose them over the phone, they can run a line test from the exchange.
Don't know about 3. But from what I hear, they're all as bad as each other. Look at http://www.uswitch.com for the best deals in your area.

They said they had done a line check and it was showing as a fault but they couldnt say where the fault was. Hence the need for an engineer to call.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
My deal with BT ran out last Monday and conincidentally my broad band pacje op un Friday unfortunately the earliest they can get an engineer in is Thurday. They told me it is a fault on the line but if it is external it will be repaired free. If it is within out house I will be charged £129. 3 questions.

PM me the phone number and I'll test it and give you more info.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I took the advice of Amex Ruislip and happy pig and pleased to say it is all working again ok. Many thanks. It would help if one could understand what BT customer service agents were saying or if I spoke the same language as them.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It would help if one could understand what BT customer service agents were saying or if I spoke the same language as them.

No-one speaks your language BG.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here