Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When all fit, who should be our starting CB pair?

Starting CBs?

• Greer and Hünemeier

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Greer and Dunk

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • Greer and Goldson

Votes: 12 6.4%
  • Hünemeier and Dunk

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • Hünemeier and Goldson

Votes: 31 16.6%
  • Dunk and Goldson

Votes: 115 61.5%

• Total voters

SlamDunk

Jan 7, 2016
Uwe and Goldson for me. Goldson seems more consistent than Dunk, and despite the loss of Greer's leadership, people forget Uwe captained Paderborn to promotion to the Bundesliga and then in the Bundesliga the following season.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hunemeier and Goldson have never played together. Dunk makes too many errors.

For me it's Greer and Hunemeier. Goldson has done really well and is the logical replacement for Greer after this season but I'd expect the captain to be fired up for the run-in.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Stats please. Which partnerships have conceded more goals, what are the win ratio's?

Right now, would have to vote Dunk and Goldson because we've had 4 wins on the spin regardless of who is fit.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Stats please. Which partnerships have conceded more goals, what are the win ratio's?

Right now, would have to vote Dunk and Goldson because we've had 4 wins on the spin regardless of who is fit.

Defence looked shaky on Saturday though. I think I would say Greer and Goldson, but it's a tough choice!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lovely to think that in that scheme of things, it doesn't seem to matter - all combinations are reasonably strong. If any of them are injured or out of sorts, the genuine competition is there.

For similar reasons, I'm looking forward to the Bong or Rosenior poll in a couple of weeks time.

At the moment, I'd say Dunk and Goldson.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
We beat Hull with Greer & Uwe. I'd prefer that tried and tested partnership until Greer gets too slow.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
We beat Hull with Greer & Uwe. I'd prefer that tried and tested partnership until Greer gets too slow.

I thought the same until recently, but Goldson isn't droppable now.. Bolton were very lucky to get 2 deflected goals I thought, didn't see too many mistakes from Goldson or Dunk, tonight will be the true test though...

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I believe Goldson is the "one" moving forwards. Captained Shrewsbury at such a young age, composed, quick, good on the ball. I think he will be worth a huge sum of money very soon. However, for now when all are fit it's Greer and Dunk for me. Dunk is the best central defender we have. But not for long.....

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
Uwe should be first choice. And on current form, Goldson deserves the second place. But Greer's influence should not be overlooked. We look much more solid with him in the team

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Whoever's got the shirt.

We're guaranteed to need to rotate them during the run in due to injuries and suspensions.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Goldson is getting progressively better, Dunk is the quickest of the other three. Dunk and Goldson for me.

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Greer & Dunk should be first choice for the run in if all fit. Greer's experience is worth a lot. He reads the game well.
Hunemeier & Goldson have done well and will do fine when needed.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Dunk and Goldson for me, because of the broader complimentary abilities they bring to the side and the adaptability they allow the side to play with.

Uwe third choice and Greer fourth out of preference, although if I'm being honest, I just think we have four very good CBs at the club for this level, all with slightly different skill sets.

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
Dunk and Goldson for me provided we continue on a winning run. However Greer to come in for Goldson if things slip. Greer is bound to be rusty after so long out so cannot expect to come straight back in.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Goldson has done well and Dunk's a very good player too but its Greer and Uwe for me. Experience and leadership, I think they edge it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here