Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

6k away tickets at MK Dons £12 adults £1 U18s

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
on sale Thursday. Surely we should sell that out.

PG

That would be epic, given that they've given us 6,000 seats.

Mind you, it is a ground that's seen some huge away support in recent years thanks to their lack of home fans and willingness to give large allocations to visiting teams. I think Wolves might have taken 9,000 or so to one game there, and Coventry 7,000.

Decent price. It's a slight moral dilemma really. I loathe that club and am reluctant to give them any money. The atmosphere in Stadium: MK is terrible, with lots of screeching kids on freebie tickets and a load of people who wouldn't be there if Chelsea or Spurs were at home. The stewards were incontrovertibly the most obnoxious and humourless I've ever seen, and the stadium looks half finished, with cladding around one side and the other three left exposed like some kind of 1970s Mexican arena. It's also more difficult to get to by train than it should be.

That said, it would be great to give the players a boost with a huge away turn out, so I'm obviously in. And £12 should tempt a fair few who otherwise wouldn't bother. I suppose we should grudgingly applaud the Franchise for that at least.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

Mind you, it is a ground that's seen some huge away support in recent years thanks to their lack of home fans and willingness to give large allocations to visiting teams. I think Wolves might have taken 9,000 or so to one game there, and Coventry 7,000.

Decent price. It's a slight moral dilemma really. I loathe that club and am reluctant to give them any money. The atmosphere in Stadium: MK is terrible, with lots of screeching kids on freebie tickets and a load of people who wouldn't be there if Chelsea or Spurs were at home. The stewards were incontrovertibly the most obnoxious and humourless I've ever seen, and the stadium looks half finished, with cladding around one side and the other three left exposed like some kind of 1970s Mexican arena. It's also more difficult to get to by train than it should be.

That said, it would be great to give the players a boost with a huge away turn out, so I'm obviously in. And £12 should tempt a fair few who otherwise wouldn't bother. I suppose we should grudgingly applaud the Franchise for that at least.

It is indeed a dilemma, but I may make the trip up especially at those prices

Think Bristol city took 5/6,000 earlier in the season. A colleague kept harping on about them calling it 5k to MK

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
And at £12 one would hope profits kept at a minimum. Just don't but any pies, drinks etc in the ground.

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
Last time I went it was a pretty dire day out. Long walk from station to ground and no pubs on route. Ended up going for a curry just so we could get a beer. But I will probably go.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm looking to go to that - I'm setting off early to take in the National Computing Museum on the way. Does that make me doubly sad?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
And at £12 one would hope profits kept at a minimum. Just don't but any pies, drinks etc in the ground.

That's my plan, if we go. Family of four will cost £26 (£4 LESS than my ONE ticket for Bristol City next week). But if we go, we won't park in their car park, we'll eat elsewhere, take our own snacks in, and won't buy a program. Winkleman isn't going to make anything much out of me.

the prick.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm looking to go to that - I'm setting off early to take in the National Computing Museum on the way. Does that make me doubly sad?

That is quite possibly the most tragic thing I have ever read on here.

But enjoy :thumbsup:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Last time I went it was a pretty dire day out. Long walk from station to ground and no pubs on route. Ended up going for a curry just so we could get a beer. But I will probably go.

On previous trips we've been to pubs in one of the villages outside MK which is easily accessible by train. Fenny Stratford, maybe, something like that?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Obviously there has to be SOME downer on the seemingly brilliant offer of 6,000 tickets for £12 each, and I think I've just found it.

Train tickets still available from Brighton for £8.50 each way (limited numbers left), however, there appears to be engineering works that day, so you're looking at rail replacement buses from Brighton to Three Bridges :rolleyes:

Apart from that, it's a flawless plan, right?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
That's my plan, if we go. Family of four will cost £26 (£4 LESS than my ONE ticket for Bristol City next week). But if we go, we won't park in their car park, we'll eat elsewhere, take our own snacks in, and won't buy a program. Winkleman isn't going to make anything much out of me.

the prick.

Great use of 'the prick' and summed up perfectly. For a family I guess it's a real bargain. I could get a ticket for my 24 year old son and claim he is a youngster but guessing that's going to get me in all sorts of trouble.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Obviously there has to be SOME downer on the seemingly brilliant offer of 6,000 tickets for £12 each, and I think I've just found it.

Train tickets still available from Brighton for £8.50 each way (limited numbers left), however, there appears to be engineering works that day, so you're looking at rail replacement buses from Brighton to Three Bridges :rolleyes:

Apart from that, it's a flawless plan, right?

Not till we mention the 'Sky' word.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
The Red Lion in Fenny Stratford, right beside the Grand Union canal in a neat location is a 10 to 15 walk to the stadium, good beer, good food, always a warm welcome, and always 40'or so Albion in there.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The Red Lion in Fenny Stratford, right beside the Grand Union canal in a neat location is a 10 to 15 walk to the stadium, good beer, good food, always a warm welcome, and always 40'or so Albion in there.

That's the one I was thinking of! Always the prospect of somebody- typically @CarrotCruncher- toppling into the canal too, so it's an all round winner :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

It would be good if we actually score a goal there. That would be a first.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here